News Forum - How to open these 5 popular Thai fruits

Thaiger

With their bizarre textures, colours, shapes, sizes, and smells, Thai fruits are a delight for your eyes and taste buds. Sure, you can find these fruits anywhere in the world nowadays. However, they rarely taste as good as when you eat them in Thailand – especially when you come in the right season when they’re freshest!  As juicy and tasty as they are, exotic Thai fruits can be hard to open. Like many of us, you’ve probably struggled to open a durian, especially with its deadly spikey husk. You can, of course, buy the more expensive container of pre-cut fruit, […]

The story How to open these 5 popular Thai fruits as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Love dragon fruit  I find it easy to open... Cut off a bit on each end, then with a single slice of the skin, length wise, peel the entirety with one motion using your fingers. Cut into small pieces. Almost zero waste

Just now, Fanta said:

I just say “Honey?” with a rising tone. Works every time. 

Working smarter, not harder 👏👏👏

• Like 1

'Durian has a pungent smell often associated with stinky feet and even death.'

I've smelled bad durians, but have never smelled durians that smell like this.... 

'Although durian is almost always sold frozen, it’s best eaten fresh when the husk just begins to crack.'

I have never ever seen frozen durian other than durian ice-cream. To say almost always, that must totally not be in Thailand. 

I struggle cutting a Mango all I end up with is mush in my hands. Can we have some Videos of how to cut mango's without chopping your fingers off or how a Thai cuts a perfect pineapple? and Dragon fruit. 

2 hours ago, vlad said:

I struggle cutting a Mango all I end up with is mush in my hands. Can we have some Videos of how to cut mango's without chopping your fingers off or how a Thai cuts a perfect pineapple? and Dragon fruit. 

Vlad, I use this method for getting skin off a mango, it is so easy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vlad said:

I'LL try that Marbs I could not find where or what way the centre is, get quarter the way in then i hit the stone

Yes you cut around the stone and remove it, then procede with the glass. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Fanta said:

I just say “Honey?” with a rising tone. Works every time. 

I've notice with a GF, you don't even have to ask. Now if I can just get them to stop wanting me to eat Durian with them we would all be good. 

9 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

Vlad, I use this method for getting skin off a mango, it is so easy.

Why bother taking the skin off, just take the two halves either side of the seed, and scoop with a spoon. 

5 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Why bother taking the skin off, just take the two halves either side of the seed, and scoop with a spoon. 

There are many ways to skin a cat, best find the best way thats suits your needs the most then stick with it. I like my method but I am sure your way works fine for you too. HTH

5 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

There are many ways to skin a cat, best find the best way thats suits your needs the most then stick with it. I like my method but I am sure your way works fine for you too. HTH

Less washing up too my way ...😝