Qualified domestic sparkies in Isaan, do they exist.

Falang

As the title suggests  i am looking for competent electricians in Isaan.  Specifically north of Korat  city.  Visiting the gf s family farm soon. 

The house electrics leave a lot to be desired.  Is there certification available to electricians.    

I made a comment and remark that came back was that the man in the village who does electrical work is busy with the harvest.      

The CU is fairly modern with a single RCD although I would prefer something with RCBOs

The installation bit I can probably do myself but I need someone competent for  testing.  I have other concerns    is an earthing rod standard or do they use the neutral off the supply.   I guess  the PEA would answer that.    

Most of the cabling appears to two core with no earth wire although global house house had 2.5 with an earth.  

The standard of outlets seems poor even in partly exposed out housing areas.   Do waterproof switches exist.    

8 hours ago, Falang said:

As the title suggests  i am looking for competent electricians in Isaan.  Specifically north of Korat  city.  Visiting the gf s family farm soon. 

The house electrics leave a lot to be desired.  Is there certification available to electricians.    

I made a comment and remark that came back was that the man in the village who does electrical work is busy with the harvest.      

The CU is fairly modern with a single RCD although I would prefer something with RCBOs

The installation bit I can probably do myself but I need someone competent for  testing.  I have other concerns    is an earthing rod standard or do they use the neutral off the supply.   I guess  the PEA would answer that.    

Most of the cabling appears to two core with no earth wire although global house house had 2.5 with an earth.  

The standard of outlets seems poor even in partly exposed out housing areas.   Do waterproof switches exist.    

Welcome to the Forum.

Electrical tradesmen do exist, somewhere in Thailand, though finding one can be likened to winning the lottery.   Many air-conditioning installers do their own electrical work and often a village handyman is your best chance of local help, after the harvest of course.

Many of us do our own re-wiring, I did and even installed a new MCB complete with an EARTH connection (a 1st in 40 years for the village!).   I waited and waited for the village idiot man to come and do the final LIVE reconnection but sent him away when he did turn up reeking of alcohol.  Did it myself.

Good luck.

Kaptain Rob  ,   thanks for that    The thing that I am curious about is the office buildings and airports/hospitals.  Who  does their installations.  A visit to global house in Korat and there was some fancy consumer units.    There must be folk around more qualified than the local handy man. 

The hunt continues 

6 minutes ago, Falang said:

The thing that I am curious about is the office buildings and airports/hospitals.  Who  does their installations.

You'll find reputable electrical installers in city areas although the labourers who do the basic wiring are often unqualified or still doing 'night school' or similar training.  Major industrial and commercial jobs are well catered for.