News Forum - Transport Ministry expects 22 million travellers will pass through Thai airports in 2022

Thaiger

The Transport Minister, Saksayam Chidchob, says every airport in Thailand is ready to welcome more travellers entering from June 1. The Minister also set a target expecting 22 million travellers to enter this year. So far, the number has just clicked over the 1 million mark (mid-May). Yesterday, Saksayam visited Suvarnabhumi Airport for for an official before the changes to the Thailand Pass take effect from tomorrow (Wednesday). He checked different locations, around the airport, including the disease control checkpoint, the passport checkpoint and the customs checkpoint, to ensure that facilities and staff would be ready to service the arriving […]

The story Transport Ministry expects 22 million travellers will pass through Thai airports in 2022 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

I expect to have $22 million dollars in my bank account by the end of this year. I think my expectation has a slightly higher chance of actual fruition. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Transport Ministry expects 22 million travellers will pass through Thai airports in 2022" ...  better if they stopped off for a while ... 🙄

• Like 1

What happened during the day? 

In the morning they were talking about 1 million. 

In the evening they made it 22 million... 

Ah, I see that these are the ones who pass through.... Pass through this airport just to get to other places which DON'T FORCE PEOPLE TO WEAR A MASK. 

• Like 2

I understand they have to justify their salary..to be seen to be doing something.. but whoever gave him this figure? .. must surely have some paperwork or charts in order for him to arrive at this delusional conclusion...interesting to see it though...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gchan said:

I understand they have to justify their salary..to be seen to be doing something.. but whoever gave him this figure? .. must surely have some paperwork or charts in order for him to arrive at this delusional conclusion...interesting to see it though...

A fortune telling tarantula? Consulted the chicken entrails? Maybe including domestic and transit passengers?

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

What happened during the day? 

In the morning they were talking about 1 million. 

In the evening they made it 22 million... 

Ah, I see that these are the ones who pass through.... Pass through this airport just to get to other places which DON'T FORCE PEOPLE TO WEAR A MASK. 

Totally agree, continuing with the mask wearing will just keep people away, I'm beginning to wonder if that's what he wants.

• Like 1