News Forum - Pattaya tourist says security guards beat him “bloody” near Walking Street

Thaiger

A Pattaya tourist says security guards beat him bloody over a near collision when he was driving near the city’s famous Walking Street in the early hours of this morning. The tourist, an unnamed 31 year old Indian national, said he almost collided with a group of security guards who were standing in front of a venue on Soi 16. In his statement, the tourist said he and the guards argued over whose fault the near collision was, and the guards then beat him “bloody” on his body, though not his face. The tourist said that after the guards escaped, […]

The story Pattaya tourist says security guards beat him “bloody” near Walking Street as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This sort of incident is guaranteed to result in extensive negative coverage back in India. Pretty soon the tourism growth that TAT etc are banking on will either away. Indians have many alternatives across the globe and Thailand is in no way able to avoid being painted as lawless, racist and corrupt.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Pompies said:

Indians have many alternatives across the globe

No they don't , as for many locations they often can't get a visa,  here they can . 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

No they don't , as for many locations they often can't get a visa,  here they can . 

They are limited, and Thailand has the attraction of everything Indians want. Gold, a good time, women, sun, beaches and what happens in Thailand stays in Thailand attitude.

Just a "so so"  business meetings answer for the wife/girl friend back home.

A survey of how much gold (idolised in India) that leaves with them when they leave would be interesting. Wearing it as jewellery is apparently ok on return to India.

As for the Security Guards, (thugs in a group) they have to listen to wiser heads and in some areas getting out of hand. Jail a few of them and their employers and they will quieten down..

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, palooka said:

As for the Security Guards, (thugs in a group) they have to listen to wiser heads and in some areas getting out of hand. Jail a few of them and their employers and they will quieten down..

Unfortunately,  that will never happen.  Many of them are RTP moonlighting, or ex cons. Not much difference between those two groups of misfits' 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Unfortunately,  that will never happen.  Many of them are RTP moonlighting, or ex cons. Not much difference between those two groups of misfits' 

X-wifes son works DJ/security in Pattaya, asked him why they fight, he replied that many drunk (and sober) farlungs are arrogant, rude and very disrespectful on a lot of occasions.

So two sides to every story.

• Like 4

Thai people generally are not very big. I am. And if someone hits me for no reason I do hit back. With all of my 2 meters and 120 kilo's. With keys between my fingers. But most likely they will step aside on the sidewalk if they ever see me coming.

• Haha 2

In civilized countries, if a person or persons, hits some other person with a fist or an object, even with a paper cup, the person or persons doing the hitting can be charged with the crime of assault. It does not matter what provoked the hitting or whose fault it was, you cannot hit another person for any reason except self defence.

• Like 4

Noted groups of young Indians seemed to have adopted the area  down the end of Beach Rd., just before the old Walking St. entrance. 

The sidewalk bar they were clustered at - and I'm using 'bar' sparingly here, set amidst the diesel exhaust of idling traffic, was tended by an older looking Thai woman wearing a long frown and a 1,000 yard stare suggesting she was dreaming of being anywhere but there.  Indian pop music blared through a cheap, tinny sounding mono-speaker as the lads, in their coloured polo shirts with up-turned collars from the late 1980s, shouted back and forth at each other, gyrating to the distorted music, holding hands and playing grab ass like primary school students, as they do.  The establishment's female hostesses - all two of them - sat inside as far away as they could get, bored, expressionless painted faces looking rough in the unflattering shadows cast by a single fluorescent tube light suspended from the cobwebbed rafters above.

A look down through the barely lit archway into old Walking St. made me grimace.  Several human-shaped silhouettes milling about in the shadows and narrow columns of light leaking through a few doors and windows in the misty rainfall.  The visual vibe was somewhere between the black hole of Calcutta and a dystopian, post-apocalypse zombie film. 

2nd Rd. signal finally turned green enough times allowing us to escape

Edited by KaptainRob
Refer Forum Guidelines re image
  • Like 2
  • Cool 2

I think its time to revert my old, pre covid attitude, of avoiding Pattaya City like the plague.  I knew this would happen at some time,  but it's a real pity that it has to be now.  It only needs the Chinese to arrive, and roads clogged with coaches,  to confirm my decision.  Its Big C at Pattaya Clang to do the shopping and then escape again , quickly.  Still, lots of nice places around me, so I won't miss it that much.

18 hours ago, Pinetree said:

So in “ reciprocal” spite they require westerners to get visas to enter their giant shithole. It’s Not the Same Thing at all 🤣🤣🤣😩

Just now, oldschooler said:

So in “ reciprocal” spite they require westerners to get visas to enter their giant shithole. It’s Not the Same Thing at all 🤣🤣🤣😩

Meaning there is Zero Equivalence between (a) Westerner entering for tourism ( westerner can’t get out fast enough) or (impossible) work, and, (b) Indian entering West as “tourist” ( highly likely to stay & work illegally having escaped his giant shithole to relative Golden West) or Work ( also impossible as we don’t need them and can’t be swamped with 1 Billion Indian economic migrants ; hence reciprocal treatment by India).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

Why is this news? I thought if you hit a cow is a bigger news than hitting an Indian man.

Only in India. 

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Indian entering West as “tourist” (

They can't without a tourist visa, which for most of them, is just about impossible to obtain in the US, UK and EU.  I can't vouch for the southern 'western' Nations. 

• Cool 1