Is "Self-Transfer" allowed when travelling from overseas to Phuket or Samui ?

JCGIHK

Hi everybody,

Finally we will soon be able to visit Phuket or Samui under the "Phuket Sandbox" scheme or "Samui Plus" scheme. Great news !!!!

I am now searching to book a flight between Hong Kong (HKG) and Koh Samui (USM).

Most of the flights i can find will require a "Self-Transfer" at BKK airport. This means I may need to check in separately for each connecting flight. I may need to go through the immigration in BKK, collect my bags and check in again for the domestic flight to Koh Samui.

I am wondering if international travellers will be allowed to do a "Self-Transfer" in BKK ? 

Can someone help ?

Thanks,

JC

(Note The flights HK to USM which do not require a "Self Transfer" are generally extremely long and double or triple the price of flights which require "Self Transfer".)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JCGIHK said:

I am wondering if international travellers will be allowed to do a "Self-Transfer" in BKK ? 

As of right now, no. There was some talk a week or so ago about a sealed-route between BKK and HKT, where you would disembark your international flight and go directly to a sealed gate area for your transfer. That talk has gone quiet. Right now, if you arrive in BKK you go straight to ASQ there are no opportunities for transit.

• Thanks 1