News Forum - Thailand defends human trafficking record

Thaiger

Thailand yesterday defended its human trafficking record and hit back at US accusations that the illegal transportation of people is a national problem. A Thai delegation led by Chettaphan Maksamphan, director-general of the Department of American and South Pacific Affairs, met with US Department of State officials in Washington last week to discuss the matter ahead of the 2022 annual Trafficking in Persons Report. Thai officials insisted human trafficking is a regional issue, not a national problem, and urged the US not to target individual countries. Police Lieutenant General Surachate Hakparn, assistant chief of the national police, who is in […]

The story Thailand defends human trafficking record as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Thai officials insisted human trafficking is a regional issue, not a national problem, and urged the US not to target individual countries.”
Oops, they forgot about human trafficking WITHIN the country. But that’s OK I guess and the guy in charge is doing such a great job. 

The Cheek of The Biden Administration to lecture any Country on Human Trafficking after all the well reported and documented problems with Human Trafficking on their own Southern Border since The Biden Administration assumed power.

• Like 1

The current regime in my country has some nerve dictating to another country ,Thailand on human trafficking ! 
very disturbing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Thai officials insisted human trafficking is a regional issue

Because the most trafficking occurs at the borders? Yet another example of “not my fault” logic from the Bangkokians at work. 

• Like 1

Maybe I’m reading the headline wrong? But are they saying they are doing a very good job as the number of trafficking cases is very high? Maybe the Thai government don’t understand the numbers need to be low, not high. Easy mistake. 😉

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand defends human trafficking record

In 2nd place: the Republic of Gilead (trafficking a mere 5 more humans would have beaten the record!)