News Forum - 5 Underrated Apps to Download when in Thailand | This is Thailand

Thaiger

If you are planning on living in Thailand for a long time, or are currently living in the land of smiles right now and are looking for some fantastic discounts, then this clip is for you. In this clip, I’ll be revealing the top 5 underrated apps that you might want to consider downloading if you plan on living in Thailand long term.

The story 5 Underrated Apps to Download when in Thailand | This is Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

yes, the APPS mentioned are quite useful, but i would like to comment on other APPS like 7 11, rabbit pay and True - all need a Thai ID (for which many foreigners do not possess) to register and use. and hence barred from membership and discount. True money apps also require selfie and authentication each year and alleged it is requirement by bank of thailand and prevent money laundering! but all banks in thailand do NOT need annual selfie or authentication AND do not require Thai ID to.open bank account, what is the logic or rationale for the discrepancy? isn't banks more vulnerable for money laundering? 

Great info. Will definitely give Bolt and Yindii a try 👍🏻🇹🇭

Not sure about that fellow in the second half of the video. I think he waves his hands around a bit too much 🤨😁

24 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Great info. Will definitely give Bolt and Yindii a try 👍🏻🇹🇭

Not sure about that fellow in the second half of the video. I think he waves his hands around a bit too much 🤨😁

Yeah, makes me feel dizzy. Very off-putting.

20 hours ago, drkenchao said:

yes, the APPS mentioned are quite useful, but i would like to comment on other APPS like 7 11, rabbit pay and True - all need a Thai ID (for which many foreigners do not possess) to register and use. and hence barred from membership and discount. True money apps also require selfie and authentication each year and alleged it is requirement by bank of thailand and prevent money laundering! but all banks in thailand do NOT need annual selfie or authentication AND do not require Thai ID to.open bank account, what is the logic or rationale for the discrepancy? isn't banks more vulnerable for money laundering? 

Rabbit Line Pay does not require a Thai ID, foreigners can register with Passport or Work Permit. But the verification process can be long.

Foreigners who work and pay taxes here can actually register to 7/11 app by using the 13-number ID provided on the top left of a P.N.D. 91 form receipt, but cannot register an all member card since the code on the back of a standard Thai ID card is required for that (I don't have a pink card so don't know if that is valid).