Covid Extension Program Continued Until July 25th

Tod-Daniels

The 60 day covid extension program which was due to expire on the 24th of May has been extended for another 2 months until July 25th

This means unless you have a stamp expiring soon there is no 'gun to your head' to race to the immigration office and apply for another covid extension.

https://thai.news/news/thailand/july-25-is-now-the-last-day-for-covid-visa-extensions

Edited by Faz
inserted link
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone still manage to get this extension? Wondering what's the likelihood of approval if a general reason is used... Looking to get this in CW.

On 6/7/2022 at 7:21 PM, technicals1832 said:

Did anyone still manage to get this extension? Wondering what's the likelihood of approval if a general reason is used... Looking to get this in CW.

Yep, people are getting it issued all over the country.
 Now with that being said IF you've been milking covid extensions for the last 2+ years to further your stay here you might be given a higher degree of scrutiny and be required to show proof of onward travel (within the 60 days you will get the extension for) before they will let you get one.
BUT
that's about the only thing they're asking is proof of onward travel and that's only for the "milkers" 😉

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Great news. It worked pretty well on Koh Samui before.

Right now I’m intending to request a further covid extension in BKK. Anyone here with some experience how strict things are there?

I also read that for some visa types you need to go to:

IT Square, 3rd floor, Counter K

Is the covid extension for TR(60) one of these visa types?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I'm looking to extend my single entry visa with this covid visa, but i'm having some issues with confirming something.

My current tourist visa ends on 8th August, it has been extended once using the 30 days tourist extension.

No covid extensions yet.

If I go for a covid 30 day extension next week, will they add 30 days from 8th august or from date of application? Will be doing it in BKK CW.

I contacted a visa agent and they have been giving me conflicting information, so I thought I'd best ask here for some wondering the same thing.

Any clarification would be very much appreciated!

16 hours ago, technicals1832 said:

If I go for a covid 30 day extension next week, will they add 30 days from 8th august or from date of application? Will be doing it in BKK CW.

Covid extensions are for 60 days, not 30 days.
They should be dated from the end of your current permission of stay.

On 6/11/2022 at 8:55 AM, Tod-Daniels said:

Yep, people are getting it issued all over the country.
 Now with that being said IF you've been milking covid extensions for the last 2+ years to further your stay here you might be given a higher degree of scrutiny and be required to show proof of onward travel (within the 60 days you will get the extension for) before they will let you get one.
BUT
that's about the only thing they're asking is proof of onward travel and that's only for the "milkers" 😉

Covid Extensions are 21 months old.

Nobody's “milking” anything. 

Everybody with an unexpired stay passport stamp, of whatever type, is compliant with Thai govt. regs.