android box?!?!

anarchofarmer

Looking at something to replace Netflix and there's an advert for a service with TV from everywhere plus movies and sports. My tech savvie terminated with the millenium so am all at sea with theirassertionthat I require an android box (of which shoppee has a mind boggling selection!) but I don't understand (a) what it is, or (b) why I need it as I can run Netflix, Youtube, HBO already through the computer wired up to theTV. HELP!

And android box is just another option,  to make your TV a smart TV.

This way, you would connect the box to your wifi and to the TV. And use the android box to scroll through the internet TV / video options direct on your TV-screen. The android box also gets you a google play account and apps, games, to use on the TV. My guess, there is an android app out for the service you are looking for. Perhaps not available on windows?

I have heard about the Amazon Fire Stick, which is Bht 1800, and can get it 'fully loaded' for about 30 quid. Would one still need a Netflix subscription to watch it.