News Forum - Student accidentally kills shooting instructor in central Thailand

Thaiger

A beginner level student has accidentally shot dead her instructor at a shooting range yesterday in Thailand’s central province of Pathum Thani, just north of Bangkok. The student, a 50 year old woman named only as Thacha, said she thought that it was a dummy round after picking up a bullet mixed with others on the floor, according to Thai media. Officers from Klong 5 police took Tacha to the station for questioning, however, charges have not yet been filed. The police also confiscated the gun, photographed the scene, and collected witness statements. The incident happened at the 333 Shooting […]

The story Student accidentally kills shooting instructor in central Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Thacha, said she thought that it was a dummy round after picking up a bullet mixed with others on the floor

Let me get this right…  a student picks up bullets OFF THE FLOOR, loads her own gun, point it at someone else and pulls the trigger because she thought it was a blank… Even Alec Baldwin had a better story than that. 

• Like 3

What about the guy that shoot him self by accident in the mouth when shooting birds i try to think how he aim at the bird i know they are not the smartest people but he have to know the bullet  come out the front 

11 hours ago, palooka said:

Idiots showing the way to other idiots

As you hide behind anyone else willing to defend you... hahaha

11 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Shot in the shoulder and died? What did he do, bleed out?

Sometimes when the body is traumatised it can just shut down with shock, particularly if there are any other negative medical factors ie weak heart.  😀

12 hours ago, Prosaap said:

What about the guy that shoot him self by accident in the mouth when shooting birds i try to think how he aim at the bird i know they are not the smartest people but he have to know the bullet  come out the front 

It was a single shot gun that needs loading from the end of the barrel and packing down like an old musket. It is thought he was leaning over the end whilst doing this and his foot pulled the trigger.

Appalling firearms instructor. Bullets lying around, student allowed to pick up bullets and load a gun without supervision, student allowed to point the gun at people.

He was, frankly, responsible for his own death.

6 minutes ago, Grumpyoldman said:

Appalling firearms instructor. Bullets lying around, student allowed to pick up bullets and load a gun without supervision, student allowed to point the gun at people.

He was, frankly, responsible for his own death.

then getting in front of a gun.

Officer they say. Instructing firearms is Corporal work in west. Handling & instructing firearms every day. Officers do planning, paperwork and award themselves medals.