CCSA gives details on “Phuket Sandbox” and “Samui Plus” travel schemes

Thaiger

The “Phuket Sandbox” and “Samui Plus” travel schemes were approved by the Thai Cabinet yesterday, allowing the islands to reopen to travellers who are vaccinated against Covid-19. Phuket is set to reopen on July 1 while the trio of islands in the Gulf of Thailand, Koh Samui, Koh Pha Ngan and Koh Tao, is set to reopen on July 15. The details still need to be published in the Royal Gazette to make the travel schemes official. Only tourists travelling from countries classified as a low-risk for spreading Covid-19 can enter Thailand under the Sandbox and Samui Plus schemes without […]

The post CCSA gives details on “Phuket Sandbox” and “Samui Plus” travel schemes appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

My first thought too, @Jason W.

Talk about slipping that one in quietly - particularly when Aus won't let Aussie tourists come here.

It's turned a recipe for disaster if tourism had been tried into little more than a pointless farce.

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, JasonW said:

Question is this a typo or have they changed the countries eligible to use the Sandbox from low & medium risk to just low risk…?

I'm sure it's not a typo, with it being clearly stated twice in successive paragraphs. See what the TAT site is saying today, 'today' being the operative word.

Hello, JasonW and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

31 minutes ago, Tjampman said:

See, why are you guys always complaining, clearly Thailand planning is always carried out in good time.

Jokes aside, are they saying you only need one test after arrival? Or do you still need 3?

Hi, Mr T, Maybe checking what the TAT site is saying today will tell you, 'today' being the operative word.

Cheers, KC

16 minutes ago, Tjampman said:

Hi KC

I generally find the TAT website pretty useless when it comes to restrictions. Do you have a link? Maybe I have never found the right place to look.

I was replying to the Thaiger article that only made reference to the test on arrival, and was wondering if that meant Thailand had backed of from the 3 tests previously talked about.

Try this one that I lifted from the Thaiger News piece a couple of days ago. Much more detail than the one you get just by Googling TAT!

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/06/thailand-confirms-reopening-plan-from-1-july-2021/

That may answer your queries.

Cheers

KC

I don't think that site will answer many queries, @K C, as it's apparently out of date / incorrect as it refers to arrivals from "low and medium risk countries" when it's  now reportedly only low risk countries.

Contrary to the suggestion that there's only "one test after arrival", though, it says under "Stay", for both Phuket and Samui, that in addition to the test on arrival, arrivals will "Undergo a Covid-19 test using an RT-PCR method per the MoPH's guidelines" which isn't clear but suggests that nothing's changed as regards the tests.

What's interesting is the para on Pattaya:

"TAT is also considering the reopening of other destinations with nearby tourist islands, including Pattaya (Ko Lan) and the provinces in the Eastern Economic Corridor (Chachoengsao, Chon Buri and Rayong)."

Maybe they're thinking of quarantining anyone going to Pattaya on Ko Lan for a week or so first.  That'd go down well.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JasonW said:

Question is this a typo or have they changed the countries eligible to use the Sandbox from low & medium risk to just low risk…?

I'm going to be travelling from South Korea , and I've been trying to find out which countries or on the low an medium risk? now it seems only low any help is South Korea Low risk anyone know thanks 

5 hours ago, Spider1743 said:

I'm going to be travelling from South Korea , and I've been trying to find out which countries or on the low an medium risk? now it seems only low any help is South Korea Low risk anyone know thanks 

Korea appears to be on the medium risk list.  It didn't differentiate between North and South Korea.  Classifying countries by risk will be in a constant state of flux and will make it difficult to plan your travels.  When I travel to Thailand later this year I think I will just stay at an ASQ hotel in Bangkok.  Everything will have changed many times over before then.

11 hours ago, Stonker said:

I don't think that site will answer many queries, @K C, as it's apparently out of date / incorrect as it refers to arrivals from "low and medium risk countries" when it's  now reportedly only low risk countries.

Fair comment, Stonker and sorry if the TAT site was so out of date . . . the big sleep, there, maybe.

9 hours ago, Spider1743 said:

Sorry to say that, with even the TAT website being so out-of-date, reliable info on your queries is hard to find.

Hello, Spider1743 and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

17 hours ago, Tjampman said:

See, why are you guys always complaining, clearly Thailand planning is always carried out in good time. 

Jokes aside, are they saying you only need one test after arrival? Or do you still need 3?

you need a PCR test 72 hours prior to arrival and a PCR test 72 hours once you have arrived.