News Forum - Young girl gets leg stuck in Pattaya gutter, debate sparks on road conditions

Thaiger

A 12 year old girl is believed to have fallen into a gutter in Pattaya on Friday, which some bystanders claimed was not properly sealed. Officers were able to help free the girl without her being injured, however she was still transferred to a nearby hospital. The incident happened in the parking lot of a hotel in Bang Lamung district of Chon Buri. The hotel is not being named right now as a further investigation is pending, and also due to Thai laws. Following the girl’s fall, a renewed debate has sparked on social media about Pattaya’s road conditions. Many […]

The story Young girl gets leg stuck in Pattaya gutter, debate sparks on road conditions as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Do cities in Thailand have "Inspector's" that go out to new (or remodeled) homes, hotels, condo's to ensure the builders are following some form of building "standard"?  The inspectors being people that have engineering degrees or were former builders.

Yes, I realize building inspections are another form of graft.  In the US you need a permit and an inspection just to replace a water heater.

Pattaya’s current mayor has claimed before that Pattaya’s road problems mainly come from issues with contractors who had work delayed due to Covid-19 restrictions over the past two years, and were not the direct fault of the city.

Sorry Mr Mayor, you hired the contractors so YOUR responsibility. 

You have failed in due diligence in contracting them.

You failed in making sure they did the work contracted to do.

You failed again with your whining excuse of blaming Covid.

3 strikes your out.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, palooka said:

Pattaya’s current mayor has claimed before that Pattaya’s road problems mainly come from issues with contractors who had work delayed due to Covid-19 restrictions over the past two years, and were not the direct fault of the city.

Sorry Mr Mayor, you hired the contractors so YOUR responsibility. 

You have failed in due diligence in contracting them.

You failed in making sure they did the work contracted to do.

You failed again with your whining excuse of blaming Covid.

3 strikes your out.

It's always someone else's fault ! 

• Like 4

Like everything else they do the job only half take the easy way all the time and the people work dont give a shit about the quality of what they doing most of the jobs they do are broken before finish they just start somewhere and never finish all because they can not plan and really dont give a shit 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Haole.TH said:

Do cities in Thailand have "Inspector's" that go out to new (or remodeled) homes, hotels, condo's to ensure the builders are following some form of building "standard"?  The inspectors being people that have engineering degrees or were former builders.

Yes, I realize building inspections are another form of graft.  In the US you need a permit and an inspection just to replace a water heater.

I think you have answered your own question in many ways. Yes, I believe there are building and site inspectors, though their effectiveness is destroyed by their lack of integrity and corruption. If something isn’t up to code or standard and it’s cheaper to pay the inspector than make good on the problem, then the inspector is paid and gratefully accepts the payment.

A few times I’ve wondered why when someone dies due to poor electrical work, they aren’t sued? Then of course you need to look no further than corruption. All the test records and certificates will be provided. Ultimately you could get your own inspector to double check, but who is qualified to do it? The same people who’s integrity was bought in the first place. It’s a sad and hopeless situation for the Thai people. This country won’t change until some amazing individual takes charge and genuinely wants to improve things for the people. Such people come along in the world once in 100 years, and none have been born in Thailand. 😢

• Like 4

pale and scared??? surprised no selfie--pale and Hiso!!!

Im certain she wasnt staring at her phone when she fell in said gutter....

3 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Amazing thailand!

I would have thought you would have had a one liner joke for this. You slipping? 

20 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I would have thought you would have had a one liner joke for this. You slipping? 

I did see above---she was busy crushing candy on her phone and then the gutter crushed her....

16 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

I did see above---she was busy crushing candy on her phone and then the gutter crushed her....

There ya go. A grate joke.

• Haha 2

On 5/9/2022 at 1:53 AM, HolyCowCm said:

The report came from the gutter press

20 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

It will give her a leg up in life

As long as it is a heads up. Don't want her to drown now.

8 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

There ya go. A grate joke.

my typical sewer humor......nod on the grate pun......kudos to you Sir...