Bangkok Transit

KaptainRob

Fast transfers Don Mueang DMK > City, by public transport @ 65 bt per person - a guide.

Whilst we all know Bangkok taxi's are very inexpensive and an ideal way for family group to transfer, an individual may utilise bus and train travel which can often be just as fast.  It requires some walking so minimal baggage is desirable.

The new Red Line is operating and available for Bang Sue transfers, not ideal for airport/city transfers
Likewise, one can take the BTS almost to DMK (wrong side of airport) and a taxi for the final 12 minute ride, although the following 2 options are very simple and efficient....

image.png.26362a5e71b2554c47144be36667c855.png

BTS - Green Line/Sukhumvit Sky Train - a 35bt fare from anywhere along the 'suk' will deposit you at Mochit, a bus terminus adjacent Chatuchak Park.  Cross the skybridge and drop down to the sheltered bus stop at road level.  A1/A2 shuttle buses run regularly to and from DMK @ 30bt per person.  They are fast and efficient, stopping directly outside Departures Terminal 1.
City-bound from the airport, it's the reverse, exit Terminal 1 via door #6 and the buses are there waiting.  In 5 daytime trips I've never waited more than 2 minutes for the bus departure.

image.png.12f1a8ada0bf7707249393f91d5729e7.png

MRT - Blue Line/Circular city route - City-bound, the MRT (mainly underground) is ideal for stops to the north or south of Asok, very fast transfer if Asok/Sukhumvit 21 is your destination or departure point. 
Same shuttle bus transfer to Mochit and then via subway entrance to MRT Chatuchak Park station.  BEWARE, this is a circular line and an eastward travel will take approx 20 mins to Asok OR 45 mins if you go westward via Bang Sue.
The MRT entrances are only metres from the BTS access stairs/lifts with bus stops virtually in between, just a few steps away.

image.png.66de2595d8a4c7fc37e9770936754581.png

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
5 minutes ago, Karolyn said:

If (like me) you have difficulty walking up steps, then the BTS is not ideal. 

Many stations have escalators.

But, I agree, the steps can be punishing in the Bangkok heat.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Many stations have escalators.

But, I agree, the steps can be punishing in the Bangkok heat.

The steps are, I think, enough to ruin BKK for me

1 hour ago, Karolyn said:

If (like me) you have difficulty walking up steps, then the BTS is not ideal. 

Or if you have a Thai wife who complains about walking up those steps 5555

• Haha 1