Visa Run to Cambodia. Airline trap.

friendofthai

Guys, be careful while choosing airline to go to Cambodia. I was not allowed for check-in because the lady in the counter wanted RT-PCR which is no longer required. It was a hard experience for me to solve this problem. I said that I have visa already and they checked my vaccine passport and said RT-PCR was not required.

Now I know that in the COVID era I should choose a Cambodian airline to go to Cambodia, a Vietnam airline to go to Vietnam and a Laos airline to go to Laos.

• Thanks 1

That's why you have to re-verify everything by calling, email, and pm the airlines as much as possible at least 3 days before departure, some airlines will tell you that it's on the country you are going to and they (airlines) have nothing to do with it.

55 minutes ago, ace035 said:

That's why you have to re-verify everything by calling, email, and pm the airlines as much as possible at least 3 days before departure, some airlines will tell you that it's on the country you are going to and they (airlines) have nothing to do with it.

Cambodia has recently opened the land border crossing with Thailand`s Surin province. Next time I will use it. It is much cheaper and less risky than an additional RT-PCR.

6 hours ago, friendofthai said:

Cambodia has recently opened the land border crossing with Thailand`s Surin province. Next time I will use it. It is much cheaper and less risky than an additional RT-PCR.

Although Cambodia-Thailand border checkpoints reopened on May 1, according to the Cambodian embassy in Bangkok, health measures are being strictly enforced.

The embassy said that travellers entering Thailand must present their Thailand Pass, national vaccination card, insurance policy with at least $10,000 in medical coverage and a negative Covid-19 PCR test result.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/fanfare-thai-land-border-opens

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Faz said:

Although Cambodia-Thailand border checkpoints reopened on May 1, according to the Cambodian embassy in Bangkok, health measures are being strictly enforced.

The embassy said that travellers entering Thailand must present their Thailand Pass, national vaccination card, insurance policy with at least $10,000 in medical coverage and a negative Covid-19 PCR test result.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/fanfare-thai-land-border-opens

Thank you for this useful information!
I have never heard of any airline related issues while entering Thailand. So I would prefer to use a regular airline flight of any Thai air company. All the issues reported so far are related to the outbound flights from Thailand.

So I will use the land checkpoints only to leave Thailand.