News Forum - Pattaya bars push to reopen, officially, and extend closing times to 3am

Thaiger

Pattaya officials and stakeholders have been meeting to discuss the dropping of curfews and an official reopening of bars and the city’s vibrant nightlife. Kunlachart Kunlachai, the superintendent of Chon Buri Police, chaired the meeting. Bars around Thailand, particularly in tourist magnet areas, have been forced to convert to ‘restaurants’ in order to reopen and serve alcohol. Conversions have been perfunctory, at best, but the owners have been keen to kickstart their battered businesses and have been forced to register under Thailand’s new Safety and Health Authority (SHA) guidelines before lifting up the shutters. From May 1, restaurants, and ‘restaurants’ […]

The story Pattaya bars push to reopen, officially, and extend closing times to 3am as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Fundok said:

And now also dump this useless "Thai Pass" and tourism can start to prosper (again).

And the outdoor mask mandate. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Possibly between June 1st -June 15th unless Emergency Decree extended again for the next 2 months and will be pushed back to Aug 15. "This is Thailand" mentality

5 hours ago, JJJ said:

With in reason and should be used as within reason. But if you know you are not feeling well then you should try to protect the others who come in contact with you, and that is helping to do you part. Part of this omicron are sneezing fits and dry harsh coughs. How do I know? I just recovered from having  it and no one in my family got it from me becasue I would run to anywhere and the outside door to sneeze outside haing anything with in reason for where I could get to for the benefit to keep them safe. So to date it is only me who bit the quarantine covid dust, but ok and this was my room. Pretty happy as they are still 0-and 2 for getting infected. For me I am 2 out of 2 bgetting it, but still ok as100% recovered.

17 hours ago, JJJ said:

Looks like everybody still confused about the outdoor mask mandate, use your own judgement, when you are walking around outside, exercising, running, jogging, cycling, very sunny, hot and at least 90 F, I not wear mask at all. And if you are bar hopping at night, you need to wear mask..it's all about common sense.

16 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

With in reason and should be used as within reason. But if you know you are not feeling well then you should try to protect the others who come in contact with you, and that is helping to do you part. Part of this omicron are sneezing fits and dry harsh coughs. How do I know? I just recovered from having  it and no one in my family got it from me becasue I would run to anywhere and the outside door to sneeze outside haing anything with in reason for where I could get to for the benefit to keep them safe. So to date it is only me who bit the quarantine covid dust, but ok and this was my room. Pretty happy as they are still 0-and 2 for getting infected. For me I am 2 out of 2 bgetting it, but still ok as100% recovered.

Sure, but that’s reason and judgment. I totally agree if you’re sick stay away from people and wear a mask if you need to. 

But having a law that requires a healthy person to wear a mask on the street or in the park is just dumb. 

• Like 1