What things are on your sports "Bucket List"?

Smithydog

For many of us, sports have formed a major part of our lives. For others, not so much and that is fine. I am not a fan of ballet but know and still love people who do! 😁

Equally for some, we have a "bucket list" of sporting events around the world or things to do, we would like to see or do whilst we still grace this planet. My list is as follows:

Being at an Ashes Test Match at Lords, the home of cricket.

Seeing live an NFL game and a US baseball game.

Watching a F1 race at Silverstone for the British Grand Prix and the Dayton 500

Being a spectator at the US Masters

I have been fortunate to knock over a few previous ones on the list. Like the opening ceremony and events at a Summer Olympics, see an Arsenal game in the Premier League,  Fish for tag and release Marlin, Sail on an ocean racing yacht, attend the Melbourne Cup carnival and be at the Grand Finals of the NRL and AFL.

What events would you like to see, have on your "bucket list" or have had the chance to cross off you list!

• Like 1

For me being a Rugby League fan I went to Wembley Stadium to watch Gt Britain vs Australia in the early ninety's the Aussie touring side at that time had Captain Mal Maninga as captain Steve Renouf, Alan Langer, etc. I also watched two Rugby League cup finals at the Millenium stadium in Cardiff with the roof closed in front of over 80 thousand supporters. At a cup final be it Rugby league or the FA Cup final while the players are in the Tunnel Abide with me is sang I have seen old men with tears rolling down their cheeks listening to this and I only got to the second line before my tears starting rolling down lol.

• Like 2

I will be running the Comrades Marathon on 28th August after 2 years of cancelations , I will be 69yrs. old on that date , just hope to complete in under the 12hr limit. Training here in Thailand is very difficult due to the heat and humidity , so will be off to Hokkaido , Japan later this month to get more quality miles in.🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, a3tsw said:

I will be running the Comrades Marathon on 28th August after 2 years of cancelations , I will be 69yrs. old on that date , just hope to complete in under the 12hr limit. Training here in Thailand is very difficult due to the heat and humidity , so will be off to Hokkaido , Japan later this month to get more quality miles in.🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

Good on you @a3tsw You certainly put me to shame!

Hope training goes well and you enjoy the marathon. 👍

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, a3tsw said:

as you do 

Good question and a tough one. I’ve seen a few events over the years and am fairly satisfied. So my bucket list isn’t particularly grandiose or exciting. Here are a few things I haven’t yet seen but would like to:

Buriram United vs Muangthong United (in Buriram)

Burnley vs. Blackburn at Turf Moor

Toronto Maple Leafs vs Montreal Canadiens*

All Ireland Hurling Final

Naadam in Mongolia

*provided they’re both having a winning season

I would love to watch women's volleyball and beach volleyball all day everyday. Also would like to watch Legends Football League (Lingerie Football League) at least once

• Like 1

Go to every race on the MotoGP circuit for the year. Been to a fair few already but to do the lot would be a big tick on the bucket list. To ride to most of them would be the cream on the cake. It’s on the cards for 2024.