News Forum - Southeast Asia is finally seeing visitors again

Thaiger

After the seemingly endless Covid-19 slump, Southeast Asia is finally reopening to the world! The number of people doing Google searches about Singapore travel has reportedly gone up among travellers in Malaysia, along with Indonesia, India, and Australia. Meanwhile in Thailand, the number of foreign visitors rose 38% in March from February. This was after Thailand relaxed its requirements on testing and health insurance, according to the tourism ministry. Flights to Singapore from several countries are expected to see a massive spike. Flights from Indonesia to Singapore are expected to quadruple from 55 to 222, while flights from India to […]

The story Southeast Asia is finally seeing visitors again as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Thailand’s reopening has been so confusing and poorly messaged even the original Bloomberg article(republished in BP) misreports Thailand’s entry requirements:

Thailand eased entry rules for vaccinated travellers from April 1 and plans to replace mandatory polymerase chain reaction tests with antigen ones for foreign visitors on May 1.”

11 hours ago, JJJ said:

Thailand’s reopening has been so confusing and poorly messaged even the original Bloomberg article(republished in BP) misreports Thailand’s entry requirements:

Thailand eased entry rules for vaccinated travellers from April 1 and plans to replace mandatory polymerase chain reaction tests with antigen ones for foreign visitors on May 1.”

That was before it was even discussed by officials in the committee meetings . So the fault lies with Bloomberg if anyone. Anyway who cares? Things are getting better at last so it’s time to look forward.

Edited by Stevejm
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

That was before it was even discussed by officials in the committee meetings . So the fault lies with Bloomberg if anyone. Anyway who cares? Things are getting better at last so it’s time to look forward.

Bloomberg cant find their buttocks with both hands, so I wouldn't pay them any attention.

IMO and as has been said before, searches mean nothing. Completion through to a reservation yes, so I wonder why they are not quoted. Says to me, everybody’s looking but nobody is booking.

Wow, up 38% Mmmmmmm, 38% of a small number is still, a small number.  

Anyhow, if Thailand wants its fair share once the booking starts. 

I would suggest

Stop the Thailand Pass completely 

Re-think the absurd idea that airlines will train their staff and administer the 300 Bht charge you plan to introduce.

Watch out for Price gouging.  Yes prices will have to rise as forces beyond our control influence inflation. But we all know what that could translate to in Thai.

There is almost certainly a wave of tourism coming, but falter on those things mentioned and I think you will miss out. Just my humble opinion of course.