Odds of an extension on a tourist visa being accepted?

Gerardinho

Hi all

I came to Thailand in January on a visa exemption (30 days). I extended it another 30 days at the immigration office and left Thailand at the end of February (59 days stay overall). In March I applied for a 60 day Tourist visa, which was granted, for April and May. In total, at the end of May, I will have spent 120 days on a tourist visa / visa exemption (Jan - Feb + Apr - May).

If I was to request a further 30 days at the immigration office, what are the odds they would accept? I'd say very low but I have seen people get away with many single entry visas within one year.

Thanks

Edited by Gerardinho

You shouldn't have any issues applying for the 30 day 'regular' extension you can get on a visa exempt or tourist visa entry at your immigration office for 1900baht.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerardinho said:

If I was to request a further 30 days at the immigration office, what are the odds they would accept?

I concur with the reply of @Tod-Daniels.

You shouldn't have any issues whatsoever.

Thanks @Faz @Tod-Daniels, that's good to know. I'll be a lot more comfortable going to the immigration office (and dedicating the few hours needed to go through the process) now.

Best regards

Edited by Gerardinho

• 1 month later...

(late) update: I was able to obtain a further 30-day extension, so the two posters above were correct! In case somebody stumbled upon this via a google search.