News Forum - Doi Suthep’s controversial land and houses returned to treasury department

Thaiger

After almost 4 years of waiting, protests and arguments, the Court had returned the controversial land and housing project at the foot of Doi Suthep in Chiang Mai to the Treasury Department. The Department’s Director-General revealed 45 houses would be demolished, and land would be adjusted for the “benefit of the residents”. For the other 9 condominiums in the area, the cabinet meeting promised to take 4 months to move officers living there to the new housing project in Chiang Rai. The controversial area is about 33 acres, which was originally expected to be a forest for public purposes, was […]

The story Doi Suthep’s controversial land and houses returned to treasury department as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Please leave Do Suthep, Doi Poi and along the way to Sri Nehru School leading to the remove village Khun Chang Kian. The jungle is really nice and dense with peaceful natural environment there. Thanks to the verdict that it put a stop to further destruction in future. Well done Chiang Mai residents watch group

• Like 2

If you see it flying by air it is a total horendously ugly land rape hack job. 

Article Quote: The controversial area is about 33 acres, which was originally expected to be a forest for public purposes, was planned by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha to be new housing for judicial authorities

Yeah I bet he did. In reality anyone would love to live right there as it is in fact a beatiful area. Since I try not to be a conpiracist, there is no way I would ever think that these homes and aparment units have anything to do with special interests of getting kow tow loyalty. Normal people get arrested for encroaching on public forest land, so why isn't the one who planned and pushed for it, and the ones who developed it in hot water and shackles? Self imposed immunity and double standards?

I really do not think they will be able to return it to its glory tree days.

• Like 2