News Forum - Thailand Pass expected to be dropped by June 1

Thaiger

The cancellation of Thailand Pass registration could take place as early as June 1, according to the Tourism and Sports Ministry. With Thailand Pass gone, tourists would go back to using their TM6 immigration arrival forms for vaccine declaration. Earlier projected dates of July 1 to drop the much-debated Thailand Pass could happen a month earlier if the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration accept the proposal from Tourism and Sports Minister, Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn. While the Test & Go and Sandbox programmes finish at the end of April, the actual Thailand Pass will remain, with travellers still required to upload passport […]

The story Thailand Pass expected to be dropped by June 1 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

By June 1st the Horse has Bolted!

people already chosen destinations in May!

Dropit now and have people fill in the boarding card !

Have Theses questions?

Have you had 2 Vaccines?

Have you got proof upon entry into the Kingdom?

If No !

then have these people go to a non vaccinated line at Immigration!

Deal with them there!

Warn people if they fly to Thailand without being fully vaccinated and showing proof !

They are subject to Questions and Quarantine on arrival and may be required to do testing!

Just a warning!

Why Procrastinate for fully Vaccinated travellers?

If people have chosen not to get Vaccinated then they must put up with those consequences!

Full Stop 🛑 

• Like 5

There is also another news Thai English news portal telling about the introduction of "Vaccine Passport" which was introduced by WHO during the  60's

Thai_Vaccine_Passport.JPG

• Thanks 1

Just now, Grant said:

Have Theses questions?

Have you had 2 Vaccines?

If No !

Deal with them there!

Warn people if they fly to Thailand without being fully vaccinated and showing proof !

They are subject to Questions and Quarantine on arrival and may be required to do testing!

Just a warning!

If people have chosen not to get Vaccinated then they must put up with those consequences!

Full Stop 🛑 

Why are the people who do the right thing and follow Government guidelines then subject to all the forms etc!

place the the blame and paperwork on the people who won’t conform!

Otherwise You are wasting peoples time who abide by your guidelines and requests !

They will not conform in the future unless they have benefits!

Not only for their Health and saving Governments Hospitalisation , but also on entry to The Kingdom and to venues!

• Like 3

People do not like Thailand Pass because of all Covid measures attached to it. But as an app it is not a bad thing. Just keep it so people do not have to fill out funny pieces of paper in an airplane, or while waiting in a queue on the airport.

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

using their TM6 immigration arrival forms for vaccine declaration.

Am I supposed to Scribble down my jabbs on the Tm6? Is there even a square millimeter of free space for that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think many western tourists in the aim region of being thai tourists - visitors , will find the traceable method and the personal data checks connected to the app very annoying

Asians might find it common to be checked upon , I dont think western tourist do so , and thats what the Thai Pass more or less is instumentalized for .

if you do a lot of travelling its quite annoying to upload all your entry exit stamps out of the past 12 months not talking abt the other stuff you need to upload

I personally would have made a Thai Trip this month but because of the Pass i went to Phillies instead

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PATRIQUE said:

I think many western tourists in the aim region of being thai tourists - visitors , will find the traceable method and the personal data checks connected to the app very annoying

Asians might find it common to be checked upon , I dont think western tourist do so , and thats what the Thai Pass more or less is instumentalized for .

if you do a lot of travelling its quite annoying to upload all your entry exit stamps out of the past 12 months not talking abt the other stuff you need to upload

I personally would have made a Thai Trip this month but because of the Pass i went to Phillies instead

Thailand Pass isn't an app. 

You don't have to upload any exit entry stamps.

Took me 10 minutes to apply each time I did it. 

Glad to see things getting better. 

Even better would be to get rid of the TM 6 and have some form of TPass that gets completed before travel. Immigration scan the QR code, check the info matches your passport and that's it. 

• Like 4

the 300-baht tourism fee is back on the table, [...] Phiphat says that if the requirement for Covid-19 insurance is dropped, the tourism fee can be used as a form of insurance for travellers, and will cover treatment costs for Covid patients with mild symptoms.

And someone found the next possible cash cow:  Why ONLY covering mild symptoms? And wasn't it named to be an insurance for travelers? Not that many (I do!)  have an travel health insurance, anyway, worldwide, but ....!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Even better would be to get rid of the TM 6 and have some form of TPass that gets completed before travel. Immigration scan the QR code, check the info matches your passport and that's it. 

Not enough paper🙊!

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Not enough paper🙊!

True, doing away with the TM6 would save quite a few forests. But you need to think out of the box - just think of the opportunities to be had from different types of Thailand Passes. Single entry, multiple entry, a whole raft of long stay Thailand Passes, maybe even five and ten year ones for a suitable sum of money.

12 hours ago, Grant said:

Have Theses questions?

Have you had 2 Vaccines?

If No !

Deal with them there!

Just a warning!

Full Stop 🛑 

Crazy rant. 

12 hours ago, Grant said:

Why are the people who do the right thing and follow Government guidelines then subject to all the forms etc!

place the the blame and paperwork on the people who won’t conform!

Otherwise You are wasting peoples time who abide by your guidelines and requests !

They will not conform in the future unless they have benefits!

Not only for their Health and saving Governments Hospitalisation , but also on entry to The Kingdom and to venues!

Another crazy rant.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Grumpish said:

True, doing away with the TM6 would save quite a few forests. But you need to think out of the box - just think of the opportunities to be had from different types of Thailand Passes. Single entry, multiple entry, a whole raft of long stay Thailand Passes, maybe even five and ten year ones for a suitable sum of money.

Don’t even suggest it! The government would love it!
for example, you have to apply for your visa extension and work permit to different departments. And talk about saving trees—it’s probably 1,000 pages total for both applications with printed signed and stamped financials, contracts, blah, blah, blah. 

Meanwhile Singapore has taken this opportunity to dispose of the arrival card and now you do the information on a well designed app. 

On 4/28/2022 at 3:18 AM, Grant said:

Have Theses questions?

Have you had 2 Vaccines?

If No !

Deal with them there!

Just a warning!

Full Stop 🛑 

Make that two vaccines and a booster and then I will agree with you.

On 4/28/2022 at 12:51 PM, TheDirtyDurian said:

Thailand Pass isn't an app. 

You don't have to upload any exit entry stamps.

Took me 10 minutes to apply each time I did it. 

Glad to see things getting better. 

Only Thailand hasTM6 handwritten scrap of paper which if lost, the sky falls in (police report required for duplicate ! 🤣) when exiting the country or extending stay without it, even though it only duplicates the passport stamp ! 🤣🥺

• Like 1