Face Masks For Cows.....πŸ„

Faraday

Β 

"A face mask that neutralises cow burps has won a Β£50,000 competition judged by HRH the Prince of Wales.

There are an estimated 1.6 billion bovines in the world and scientists say that each one can produce between 250 to 500 litres of methane per day. Cow's can emit the gas - which is a major contributor to climate change - from each 'end', but the majority is emitted via belches."

At first I thought this was a joke, checked the date, but no, it's 28 April.

I'm so stunned by this, that I am unable to comment...........πŸ˜‚

Over to you.

cm.jpg.bda977c46105e8d0d61daaab596e29dc.jpg

Β 

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/uk-world-news/face-mask-neutralises-cow-burps-7007728

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Did he get one for Camilla?Β 

So you don't know the difference between a cow and a horse?Β  Shame on you.Β 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

So you don't know the difference between a cow and a horse?Β  Shame on you.Β 

4 legs. Eats grass. Lives in a field. Whats the difference?

1 hour ago, Faraday said:

each one can produce between 250 to 500 litres of methane per day. Cow's can emit the gas - which is a major contributor to climate change - from each 'end', but the majority is emitted via belches.
{snipped}
The RAC's Zelp (Zero Emissions Livestock Project) team designed a wearable device for cattle to neutralise methane emissions in real time

I've read about this before. Perhaps it was when it was going to be listed as one of the contenders?

Instead of a device 'to neutralise methane emissions', shouldn't they be collecting it to produce electricity?
Not so easy, I'm ready to admit.
Perhaps instead of battery hens, we might see battery cows - in both senses of the word.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

4 legs. Eats grass. Lives in a field. Whats the difference?

Cows taste better, riding cows is uncomfortable, you can't fight a battle on a cow.Β  Cows are too slow to race.Β 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I've read about this before. Perhaps it was when it was going to be listed as one of the contenders?

Instead of a device 'to neutralise methane emissions', shouldn't they be collecting it to produce electricity?
Not so easy, I'm ready to admit.
Perhaps instead of battery hens, we might see battery cows - in both senses of the word.

Did I see somewhere that you used to be a milkman of sorts?

Β 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Did I see somewhere that you used to be a milkman of sorts?

'of sorts'Β  You're quite right.
The only one I can admit to on here is my experience milking goats when at boarding school.