News Forum - Thai ex boxer allegedly steals British tourist’s bag in Krabi

Thaiger

Police in Krabi arrested a former boxer at a house in Meuang district today for allegedly stealing a British tourist’s bag. The British man, 23 year old Fraser William, said he left his bag on the beach when he and his friend went swimming on Sunday. The bag had 5,000 baht in cash, along with credit cards and the key to Fraser’s hotel room. Fraser then saw the alleged thief, 31 year old Suwit ‘Fai’ Phuengsom, take his bag. Fai fled on his motorcycle, managing to escape even though Fraser tried to push the bike. After Fraser complained to police, […]

The story Thai ex boxer allegedly steals British tourist’s bag in Krabi as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Times are not good and life is hell for people as they have lost their income. Why to these tourists expose themselves as potential targets. It is better to be vigilant than suffer later...

• Like 1

Lets buy a flashy gold necklace/chain and hope someone steals it, whoops meant hope everyone notices me.

Flashy "look at me" are imbeciles and deserve all the heartache they get.

• Like 1

You cant fix stupid. Yes the guy is wrong to steal someones property but its tantamount to entrapment to leave it there in the first place.

One of these cases where I think the police should make the guy hand back the bag and then tell them all they are as dumb as a box of rocks.

No further action required. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Times are not good and life is hell for people as they have lost their income. Why to these tourists expose themselves as potential targets. It is better to be vigilant than suffer later...

555 Worst victim blame ever! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Unfortunate, but it is the typical opportunistic crime that occurs everywhere, every minute, worldwide. 

2 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Oh my. Someone's been watching too many Phillippino teledramas............. Maybe the thief  was caught after a number of incidents. The typical  boxer in Thailand isn't the most intelligent of people and taking repeated blows to the head doesn't help matters, so I wouldn't overthink this. It's more like - Me want money - me take.

2 hours ago, palooka said:

Lets buy a flashy gold necklace/chain and hope someone steals it, whoops meant hope everyone notices me.  Flashy "look at me" are imbeciles and deserve all the heartache they get.

The man was swimming at the beach. Where does it say he wore was wearing bling bling? The poor swimmer did what most people do.

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

You cant fix stupid. Yes the guy is wrong to steal someones property but its tantamount to entrapment to leave it there in the first place.

One of these cases where I think the police should make the guy hand back the bag and then tell them all they are as dumb as a box of rocks.

No further action required. 

Where do you want swimmers to leave their belongings? I don't know about you, but I don't swim with my wallet, phone  or house entry devices. How about holding thieves responsible for their misdeeds? I doubt most people would consider stealing anyone's belongings at the beach.  You are a compassionate person but you don't know if the thief has a history of petty theft or violent crime.  I expect this is not the first time.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Where do you want swimmers to leave their belongings? I don't know about you, but I don't swim with my wallet, phone  or house entry devices. How about holding thieves responsible for their misdeeds? I doubt most people would consider stealing anyone's belongings at the beach.  You are a compassionate person but you don't know if the thief has a history of petty theft or violent crime.  I expect this is not the first time.

How about one person stays behind to watch the gear while the other goes for a swim?

If you want to frolic with your "friend" in the surf and leave your valuables unattended then you are plain stupid.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

How about one person stays behind to watch the gear while the other goes for a swim?

If you want to frolic with your "friend" in the surf and leave your valuables unattended then you are plain stupid.

Not to nitpick, but  many people like to go for a quick swim on their own. And there is a water safety concept called the buddy system, where you don't swim alone.  I get it, one should be prudent, but I am tired of holding crime victims "responsible" when a POS thief steals.  

16 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Not to nitpick, but  many people like to go for a quick swim on their own. And there is a water safety concept called the buddy system, where you don't swim alone.  I get it, one should be prudent, but I am tired of holding crime victims "responsible" when a POS thief steals.  

I am not trying to blame the victim here. I am saying it was a dumb thing to leave his possessions unattended.

I have no sympathy for the thief either regardless of any mitigating factors. He is just as stupid.