Jump to content

News Forum - Taxi driver robs drunk foreigner, steals gold necklace, cash and passport


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

A taxi driver robbed a foreigner who was passed out drunk on the floor in front of a convenience store in Thailand. The thief grabbed his gold necklace and a bag containing cash, passport and other important documents before fleeing the scene. The exact location of the crime hasn’t yet been reported. The victim’s Thai girlfriend handed the CCTV footage and information to a Facebook page which posts news stories. The page posted the video with the title “Taxi driver or a thief?” and quoted the details given by the woman. The woman said her boyfriend was drunk and fell […]

The story Taxi driver robs drunk foreigner, steals gold necklace, cash and passport as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smart fella getting wasted to bejesus and carrying around all his stuff. Let's hope he gets lucky and gets it all back and the guy gets a slap on his wrist for being a bad boy Taxi.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It always amazed me how people will get blackout drunk by themselves in publc.  Im not one to judge as i am a semi-professional at killing my own liver but when in public solo im always careful not to go past the point (or even approach the point) i cant make it home.  I have on numerous occasions seen foreigners either passed out or beyond able to function in the tourist areas by themselves.  the sad part is you cant even help them because they are so out of it they cant even answer where they are staying. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

the sad part is you cant even help them because they are so out of it they cant even answer where they are staying. 

You can always call the BiBs, to take care them! ;-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A taxi driver robbed a foreigner who was passed out drunk on the floor in front of a convenience store …………

On planet Earth.

‘Maybe some follow up reporting may help us here to let us decide if we go out drinking to grab a taxi somewhere on the planet whether it’s safe or not. Or are the news outlets worried of Thai law.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A taxi driver robbed a foreigner who was passed out drunk on the floor in front of a convenience store in Thailand. The thief grabbed his gold necklace and a bag containing cash, passport and other important documents before fleeing the scene.

So the taxi driver robbed him blind but left his back doors intact (definitely wasn't in Pattaya then).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, piyanat said:

I'm a little scared now of taxi driver... :( 

Rip off driver pukhet and now robber driver :/ hell nooo

First thing I did when I moved here was buy a car and installed a camera, all thanks to reading the posts on here, cheers people

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

First thing I did when I moved here was buy a car and installed a camera, all thanks to reading the posts on here, cheers people

I bought 2 cameras. One for the front and one for the back. For example: if a vehicle hits you from behind and pushes you off the road at an angle your front camera won’t even see it as it passes you. Or a vehicle hits the back of your vehicle at double the speed limit but he claims you suddenly stopped in the middle of the road or pulled onto the road in front of him. Cameras are cheaper than a compromise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Fanta said:

I bought 2 cameras. One for the front and one for the back. For example: if a vehicle hits you from behind and pushes you off the road at an angle your front camera won’t even see it as it passes you. Or a vehicle hits the back of your vehicle at double the speed limit but he claims you suddenly stopped in the middle of the road or pulled onto the road in front of him. Cameras are cheaper than a compromise.

But also incriminating. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, MrNovax said:

It always amazed me how people will get blackout drunk by themselves in publc.  Im not one to judge as i am a semi-professional at killing my own liver but when in public solo im always careful not to go past the point (or even approach the point) i cant make it home.  I have on numerous occasions seen foreigners either passed out or beyond able to function in the tourist areas by themselves.  the sad part is you cant even help them because they are so out of it they cant even answer where they are staying. 

Had to haul my passed out drunk lady all the way down Bangla to sleep it off overnight ….. shoes fell off & lost 😀😌

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Ben_Tallchief said:

Give Thais a bad name. Probably didn't happen in Chiang mai, Probably Phuket.

Thais working in tourist areas have a “ good name” ?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/27/2022 at 4:51 AM, oldschooler said:

Had to haul my passed out drunk lady all the way down Bangla to sleep it off overnight ….. shoes fell off & lost 😀😌

Years ago I was dating a Thai woman (girl really) who didnt drink very often.  We were on Ko San one night and she decided to get plastered and it ended up with me carrying her on my back down the street to a taxi to get home.  didnt mind other than a few dirty looks i got as i could see a few people were assuming that her state was of my doing.  

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/27/2022 at 9:51 AM, oldschooler said:

Had to haul my passed out drunk lady all the way down Bangla to sleep it off overnight ….. shoes fell off & lost 😀😌

I would have left her there - class comes at a price

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 43

      News Forum - Foreign buyers flock to Thailand’s tropical condos: Chinese and Russians lead

    2. 5

      French Senators tabling legislation that would prevent the medical mutilation of minors

    3. 7

      News Forum - Thai government prepares for potential Iran attack on Israel

    4. 5

      French Senators tabling legislation that would prevent the medical mutilation of minors

  • Popular Now

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use