Entry to Singapore and Indonesia - EASY!

BigHewer

There are often threads here discussing entry to Thailand and for some, it seems to be a stressful process with hassle and risk. I thought I’d share my experience entering Singapore and Indonesia here. 

Singapore

Arrived at 4:40am on April 24th with a 12 hour transit. Enquired at immigration about exiting the airport. No problem they said. 

1. Fill in a questionnaire on an iPad they provided. In addition to the usual questions, they asked if I had been vaccinated and if I had been PCR tested in the last 48 hours. No insurance requirement. Nothing submitted or shown, just a self-check. 

2. Took a photo of the completed form with my iPhone.

3. Immigration staff just checked my passport and waved me through.  No verification or questions at all. 

The entire process from entering the arrivals hall to exiting customs took 5 minutes tops.

Indonesia

Landed in Bali at 8pm on April 24th.

1. Prior to departure, I downloaded an app (Perdui Lindungi) which contained details of insurance, vaccination and PCR test.

2. Internet was down at the airport, so everyone lined up to do the checks manually. For insurance, they accepted my free travel insurance I got when paying for the flight with my credit card. At desk #1, they checked my docs and then waved me on.

3. Paid 500,000 rupiah at the visa on arrival desk, filled in the customs form (paper) and good to go.

The entire process took about 45 minutes and was pretty easy.

• Like 1