Oil slick and ‘tar balls’ wash up on Phuket’s beaches – what caused it?

Thaiger

What caused it? We visit Nai Yang beach as volunteers are part of a huge beach clean up involving oil slick ‘tar balls’ that have washed ashore Phuket beaches creating a huge mess. Here’s Michelles’ Facebook page… https://www.facebook.com/Sustainable-Mai-Khao-102076665030960/

The post Oil slick and ‘tar balls’ wash up on Phuket’s beaches – what caused it? appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

25 minutes ago, Stardust said:

It is caused by the karma at work

Oh, come on, Stardust . . . you know a good comedian never tells the same gag twice.

• Haha 1

Hey Tim… tar balls have been a chronic problem in The Bahamas for decades… resorts require tourists to use paper towels and kerosene to swab tar from their feet before entering the resorts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BKKTCD said:

Hey Tim… tar balls have been a chronic problem in The Bahamas for decades… resorts require tourists to use paper towels and kerosene to swab tar from their feet before entering the resorts.

More than likely the cleaning method for Phuket, too.

Hello, BKKTCD and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

3 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Oh, come on, Stardust . . . you know a good comedian never tells the same gag twice.

Because there was the question -what caused? I thought I help them 

• Haha 1

I saw and was blackened on numerous beaches in the Middle East Gulf countries. I was told it was frim ships soing oil changes at sea and ditching the used oil.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Lindsay said:

I was told it was frim ships doing oil changes at sea and ditching the used oil.

The rate at which these deposits are landing has led to conclusions they're coming from the oil and chemical container ship recently capsized and sunk, not too far away from the Thai coast.

Hello, Lindsay and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton