Massive hail storm hits Pai

KaptainRob

FB_IMG_1650197938405.jpg

‘Pai’ hailstorm hits white all around Several houses were damaged.

There was a storm in the area of Pai District. Mae Hong Son Province from the influence of summer storms and hail in the area of Ban Hua Mae Mueang Wiang Nuea Subdistrict, Pai District, Mae Hong Son Province

On April 17, Mr. Suwin Piapha, headman of Hua Mae Mueang Village, Village No. 7, Wiang Nuea Subdistrict, Pai District, Mae Hong Son Province, revealed that during 3:30 p.m. there had been a large area of heavy summer storms and hail. in the area of Ban Hua Mae Mueang, Village No. 7, Wiang Nuea Subdistrict, Pai District, and many other areas

The headman of the village headman stated that Summer storms and hail damage many homes. which is currently in the process of preliminary damage survey For the area where the hailstorm caused a white area around the village.

Full story and more photos here > https://www.newsdirectory3.com/pai-hailstorm-hits-white-all-around-many-houses-were-damaged/

(from the linked photos)
I've never seen hail like that before, it looks more like a bunch of grapes.
Coming from the UK I can only remember seeing hailstones as individual  hailstones rather than a group together.
It would hurt if it hit you on the head.

Nearly twenty-five years ago I remember a hailstorm in Nong Khai. The hailstones were ten percent of the size of the Pai one.
It didn't stop the guest house owner's wife putting one in the fridge to save it.

1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

I've never seen hail like that before, it looks more like a bunch of grapes.
Coming from the UK I can only remember seeing hailstones as individual  hailstones rather than a group together.

I believe some were up to golf ball size and they can really do some damage!   Millions of $'s damage to cars caught in such storms in Australia almost every year and it decimates crops and gardens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1