Thai Embassy in Vientiane. Working?

friendofthai

Looks like Laos will be reopened soon. Can I get Thai visa in Vientiane? Is it still possible? I can't find any visa information on their website:
https://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/en/
Or maybe I should go to Savannakhet instead.

Why Laos?
1. They can speak Thai. So it is possible to communicate with the local people. This would be very helpful in case of any problems (COVID, Thai Pass etc).
2. I Have been there many times.
3. It was very easy to get tourist visa in Vientiane before.
4. Border crossing is very fast. So it is almost impossible to be "COVID negative" before exiting Thailand and then stuck with "COVID positive" test result on entering Laos.

Laos is open I know many teachers that have been forced to go there as you can't get  a covid visa anymore. But ive heard some ridiculous of money is needed to make it work for them.

I'm maybe not up to date on this but last i checked Vientiane had some complex queueing system where you had to prebook to get into the embassy. this resulted in a lot of people going to savannakhet therefore making that one harder work... id check it out and see what is best for you.

What's sad is they could do all these visas inside thailand when we had covid, now suddenly they are sending people on crazy journeys again .. still i guess Laos needs the tourist income.

Edited by alex12345
  • Like 1