News Forum - Booster shots really do boost immunity to Omicron, says National Vaccine Institute

Thaiger

Thailand’s National Vaccine Institute has refuted a rumour spreading on Thai social media that claims booster shots of Covid-19 vaccines aren’t necessary for Omicron, as infection from Thailand’s domination virus stain effectively provides robust immunity. In fact, those who rely on “natural immunity” from infection actually risk severe illness or death, the institute has warned, saying adults are at risk of long Covid while children risk multisystem inflammatory syndrome. Their solution? Booster shots, of course. The institute emphasised that additional jabs of a Covid-19 vaccine does in fact provide “strong protection” against Omicron variants of the virus, a fact they […]

The story Booster shots really do boost immunity to Omicron, says National Vaccine Institute as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

And the Qanon covid conspiracy theorists will arrive in 5....4....3....2....1....

Always amazes me how these conspiracy theorists seamlessly switch from one theory to the next without ever admitting their previous position was total nonsense.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

And the Qanon covid conspiracy theorists will arrive in 5....4....3....2....1....

Always amazes me how these conspiracy theorists seamlessly switch from one theory to the next without ever admitting their previous position was total nonsense.

Maybe they are just sad lonely people whose only fun is getting a reaction to their nonsense?

Edited by Stevejm
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

Maybe they are just sad lonely people whose only fun is getting a reaction to their nonsense?

Yeah but if you dont react then their agenda becomes established.

It is important that such disinformation is challenged. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevejm said:

Unfortunately, the evidence has shown that there has been an organized disinformation campaign. The intended results were to cause dissension, undermine confidence in public institutions and to sabotage economies all with a cumulative  goal of political destabilization. The benefit of the booster was expected since it is consistent with what was already established with the immunological  response to viral vaccines. We have seen it with other vaccines like rabies for humans , where 3 injections are needed followed by booster every year if there is active exposure. Why there is such surprise that a booster" is needed is the surprise. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Yeah but if you dont react then their agenda becomes established.

It is important that such disinformation is challenged. 

Believe anti- vaxxers are completely discredited now by the scientific evidence …… except amongst themselves. They are surprisingly numerous….hardcore 25% westerners ( half surely vaxxed) who should have learned “how to learn”  properly at school including filtering out improper sources & irrational nonsense.

Consultant Engineer, Management Consultant & Insurance Broker peers of mine all vax deniers.

When I say I get my Covid information direct only from western medical institutes and western medical professors and ask WHERE do you get your Covid ( vax) information?
They all say “ that’s a typical “ vaxxer” stance”.But never answer the question.

• Like 1

Just now, oldschooler said:

Believe anti- vaxxers are completely discredited now by the scientific evidence …… except amongst themselves. They are surprisingly numerous….hardcore 25% westerners ( half surely vaxxed) who should have learned “how to learn”  properly at school including filtering out improper sources & irrational nonsense.

Consultant Engineer, Management Consultant & Insurance Broker peers of mine all vax deniers.

When I say I get my Covid information direct only from western medical institutes and western medical professors and ask WHERE do you get your Covid ( vax) information?
They all say “ that’s a typical “ vaxxer” stance”.But never answer the question.

They come up with all the false terms like” experimental” , “ unproven”, “ not a proper vaccine” , “ unknown long term effects”; to which I say but that’s NOT what ANY of the gold standard medical institutes & expert professors say .. and they all have accountable reputations at stake under peer review pressure ..no answer forthcoming.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

That was last week. This week they are specialized in Russian victories in Ukraine

• Like 2

Remind me again when 80% of the population got vaccinated? Mostly mid-summer into fall of 2021. 

Yep, mass vaccination is working! 

4275166.jpg

Not sure that the booster works well at preventing you from getting infected - I am double vaxxed and had a booster, but still tested positive about three months after the booster jab. But, and probably a significant but, the symptoms were so mild, just a bit of a cough and a runny nose for a couple of days, that I only did a test as a "I suppose I ought to" afterthought, since I often get the same from the typical "only two settings, off or freezing cold" Asian air-conditioning.

• Like 1

Immunity? :-) 

Basically half of my friends who got the booster got covid in next 1-2 months….there is nothing as immunity, not even after 20 shots lol

I have been trying to get a booster shot for 2 months and so far can not get an appointment. I have paid in advance already for 2 shots but still do not have any confirmation. It's fine to advertise the importance of of getting a booster, but it is extremely difficult to actually get one.

4 hours ago, francoa said:

Immunity? :-) 

Basically half of my friends who got the booster got covid in next 1-2 months….there is nothing as immunity, not even after 20 shots lol

But did they die or go into hospital? If not it’s doing its job.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DWH said:

I have been trying to get a booster shot for 2 months and so far can not get an appointment. I have paid in advance already for 2 shots but still do not have any confirmation. It's fine to advertise the importance of of getting a booster, but it is extremely difficult to actually get one.

Did you try the booking service through DTAC or AIS? Worked like a treat for me. Also initial two shots through thaiintervac went smoothly.

2 hours ago, Stevejm said:

But did they die or go into hospital? If not it’s doing its job.

99% of people with serious issues around the globe were 75 yrs and older, or different combination of medical issues. For everyone else it is a mild flu or no symptoms at all, vaccinated or not.

16 minutes ago, francoa said:

99% of people with serious issues around the globe were 75 yrs and older, or different combination of medical issues. For everyone else it is a mild flu or no symptoms at all, vaccinated or not.

Where did you get that from? People that I know who got it before vaccination were very ill without underlying health issues and people who got it after vaccination were very happy that they had been vaccinated.

Edited by Stevejm

Of course vaccines work. Just don't expect miracles. Getting sick and dieing are 2 different things. I still like my chances of not dieing with a vaccine, as opposed to not having a vaccine at all. 

• Like 2