News Forum - Thai YouTuber complains about Test & Go: ‘Foreigners won’t come back if facing this…’

Thaiger

After reportedly seeing crowds of tourists left waiting for hotels at Suvarnabhumi International Airport, a Thai YouTuber has voiced his discontent about Thailand’s unpopular Test & Go entry scheme He said the system was a mess, with hotel staff having to shout to finding their guesses, while tourists searched for the logos of their hotels, as if they were playing a puzzle game. Atichan Cherngchavano, who goes by his online alias “Au Spin9”, is a popular YouTuber reviewer of IT products in Thailand. On Sunday, he posted pictures of crowds of international travellers at the airport on his personal Facebook […]

The story Thai YouTuber complains about Test & Go: ‘Foreigners won’t come back if facing this…’ as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well, whoda thort it? It'll really move now Youtube are handling it. Unless of course it gets cancelled and de-monentarized. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This chaos creates a virus transmission risk far worse than flying in a plane or traveling by train or bus. Such incompetence is notice globally and no one in Europe, the US or even regional counties will subject themselves to such risk &  inconvenience. The fact that British Airways is cancelling all flight to Bangkok from October onwards is a clear indication that Thailand is no longer a valuable destination. And we can thank one man for all of this because he put himself in charge and the end of the barrel of a gun. 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Pompies said:

This chaos creates a virus transmission risk far worse than flying in a plane or traveling by train or bus. 

After 2 years of living in Florida during covid, with pretty much no restrictions, no masks, etc, we never got covid. We flew to Ho Chi Minh City in February. Going through the chaos of getting our health papers checked, and getting out of the airport, 3 days later, we both were positive. Upon arrival in Bangkok in March, the  airport was almost deserted. Happy that we arrived when we did.  Got our test. 12 hours later, we were told one test was "inconclusive" and sent out for retest, which would take 24 to 48 hours. After a nervous 12 hours, we got a call that test was negative, which was a great relief. But, it's a bit stressful waiting, and a positive test could cost you a bit.

TSN 1.jpg

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Pompies said:

This chaos creates a virus transmission risk far worse than flying in a plane or traveling by train or bus. Such incompetence is notice globally and no one in Europe, the US or even regional counties will subject themselves to such risk &  inconvenience. The fact that British Airways is cancelling all flight to Bangkok from October onwards is a clear indication that Thailand is no longer a valuable destination. And we can thank one man for all of this because he put himself in charge and the end of the barrel of a gun. 

And got a ping pong bomb lobbed at his home over the weekend.

• Haha 2

please stop this test and go scheme the tourist is not spreading the virus it is doing that itself !!

the more people that come the more chaos at the airport !!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Pompies said:

More accurately, BA had said flights in and out of BKK would resume this October but as you say that has recently been rescheduled to March 2023. BA is as dead as Thai tourism.

I have had a BA voucher from BA for 2 years to fly Bkk-GLA-BKK but there have been zero flights (BA or partners) so the voucher has been unredeemable since issued.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mjwalker said:

please stop this test and go scheme the tourist is not spreading the virus it is doing that itself !!

the more people that come the more chaos at the airport !!

The more people that come encourages the current  regime to keep the  covid  revenue rape scheme !

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Saltire said:

More accurately, BA had said flights in and out of BKK would resume this October but as you say that has recently been rescheduled to March 2023. BA is as dead as Thai tourism.

I have had a BA voucher from BA for 2 years to fly Bkk-GLA-BKK but there have been zero flights (BA or partners) so the voucher has been unredeemable since issued.

Hey Saltire

“I have had a BA voucher from BA for 2 years to fly Bkk-GLA-BKK but there have been zero flights (BA or partners) so the voucher has been unredeemable since issued”.

Not sure if it would help, but if you are looking to spend Avious, Qatar Airways are in the same reward group as BA and continue to fly to Bangkok. As of the beginning of this month, they now allow award flights to be purchased with Avious (where ever you earned them) or Avious and cash. Might be worth a look if you are prepared to accept Thailands draconian entry requirements.

You might need to join their privilege club too, but that is simple enough and it’s better than BA’s. I don’t use BA anymore and I find the short break in Doha makes the journey more tolerable.

good luck 

• Like 4

With regard to the subject headline. 

This situation is absolutely appalling. No wonder they done away with the pre flight PCR, It’s one less opportunity for you or more importantly your insurance company to try taking legal against them for the cost of quarantine.
If an international insurance company ends up paying out significant amounts. It is quite likely they will look for a common cause and this situation would almost certainly be identified. Especially now that it’s all over YouTube.

Drop these ridiculous entry requirements now. It’s quite clear that not only are you losing applicants private data, you are now causing them to become infected.

• Like 3

Ffs, airport looks like Covid central, hardly surprising about the comments of hoteliers having to shout above all the other noise. 555

TIT

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Graham said:

Ffs, airport looks like Covid central, hardly surprising about the comments of hoteliers having to shout above all the other noise. 555

TIT

They don't - it's just more drama queenism. When I got here, each person was asked when presenting your covid paperwork, which hotel they were staying in, they then called that hotels representative who met you at the designated place, as per the picture. Bags were then whisked into that hotels car and you were gone. No more than 5 minutes after picking your bags off the carousel you're out of the airport. Smooth as clockwork and way way smoother than the Heathrow end.

That main picture, is just a snapshot in time of a busy area, so what, you could take that in any airport. Based on my experience it's the hotel rep making sure the bags you are giving him, will be the same bags that end up at the hotel. As always some people just panic and wet themselves at the first sign of something out of the ordinary. Heathrow was a nightmare as none of them seemed to know the rules, BKK was an absolute breeze as they all knew the rules.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Graham said:

TIT

Looks like any other main airport in the world to me.......

Good Thai bash though, as usual......

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BBY said:

Hey Saltire

“I have had a BA voucher from BA for 2 years to fly Bkk-GLA-BKK but there have been zero flights (BA or partners) so the voucher has been unredeemable since issued”.

Not sure if it would help, but if you are looking to spend Avious, Qatar Airways are in the same reward group as BA and continue to fly to Bangkok. As of the beginning of this month, they now allow award flights to be purchased with Avious (where ever you earned them) or Avious and cash. Might be worth a look if you are prepared to accept Thailands draconian entry requirements.

You might need to join their privilege club too, but that is simple enough and it’s better than BA’s. I don’t use BA anymore and I find the short break in Doha makes the journey more tolerable.

good luck 

Thanks

I checked regularly and neither BA or any official [artner had bookable flights, BKK to anywhere for two years.

On a positive note I have received a refund offer from BA, but I will believe it when it's on my credit card statement.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

Looks like any other main airport in the world to me.......

Good Thai bash though, as usual......

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, will find out what it's like for real when the wife travels back to LOS.

I take it you are one of those permanent fixtures in LOS who doesn't care if it's good or bad ?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Graham said:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, will find out what it's like for real when the wife travels back to LOS.

I take it you are one of those permanent fixtures in LOS who doesn't care if it's good or bad ?

To me the good outweighs the bad several times over. You are allowed to think as you see fit. Nobody wants to read it daily though.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

You people on here really don't understand what "opinion" means

Stating something you don't have any clue or knowledge of isn't an "opinion"

• Like 1

Wait till the Elections come close suddenly the headlines will be we are on top of it now and we will drop most rules if you vote us back in. It's called the Carrot and Donkey syndrome.

• Haha 2

..Might have been worth mentioning that for those tourists that are unfortunate to be positive on arrival and asymptomatic, the insurance scam - that they were forced to purchase to get their Thai pass- will not be valid and they end up having to fork out 34,000 baht for a random hotel room that is supposed to cost less than 800 bht per night ...

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tezzaaa said:

..Might have been worth mentioning that for those tourists that are unfortunate to be positive on arrival and asymptomatic, the insurance scam - that they were forced to purchase to get their Thai pass- will not be valid and they end up having to fork out 34,000 baht for a random hotel room that is supposed to cost less than 800 bht per night ...

How often has that actually happened though? Say in the last five weeks? Give us numbers.

4 hours ago, Saltire said:

Thanks

I checked regularly and neither BA or any official [artner had bookable flights, BKK to anywhere for two years.

On a positive note I have received a refund offer from BA, but I will believe it when it's on my credit card statement.

Better than I did with a now expired voucher from Lufthansa, there were bookable flights but Lufthansa expected me to pay an additional amount that was actually more than the cost of a new ticket if I wanted to use the voucher. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

8 hours ago, Saltire said:

BA badly needs to Die. 😠

Great Safety Record 😉matched only by its monumental Service Failures last 25 years or more….😩

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

You people on here really don't understand what "opinion" means

Stating something you don't have any clue or knowledge of isn't an "opinion"

actually known in the trade as a “baseless opinion” or “uninformed opinion”. 😉😩 i.e. invalid 😎🥺

32 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

Better than I did with a now expired voucher from Lufthansa, there were bookable flights but Lufthansa expected me to pay an additional amount that was actually more than the cost of a new ticket if I wanted to use the voucher. 

Hmmm ….wonder if my unused return ticket with Lufthansa is still valid after outward flight 25 months ago….