Bamboo ladder???

Santa

Well you can take comfort that if it does fail it will usually give out a warning in the form of cracking and snapping sounds 🤭

• Like 1

I would trust a bamboo ladder just as much as I'd trust Stevie Wonder giving me a circumcision.

Has anyone ever seen a piece of bamboo not riddled with woodworm, having said that I would trust it more than bamboo scaffolding.

images-2.jpeg

• Like 1

Here's a photo of two guys erecting bamboo scaffolding to paint the local school. Seems stable enough. 

DSC00221.JPG

Edited by Santa
  • Haha 1

I bought a 5 metre ladder ( cost 400 baht iirc) to put up some guttering about 4 years ago.

I ran some wire from one upright to the other on each rung basically preventing it coming apart and ran the wire under each rung. Use the thickest wire available which is still flexible ( sorry don’t remember the gauge ). Use it very occasionally now and am a little wary that it is okay, although it shows no signs of rotting.

My biggest complaint is that the rungs are spread very far apart and this , combined with the worry that it has decayed over the years, makes for a very nervous descent !!

OP , I’m about 85kg , should be 75kg damn you lockdown !! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

I bought a 5 metre ladder ( cost 400 baht iirc) to put up some guttering about 4 years ago.

I ran some wire from one upright to the other on each rung basically preventing it coming apart and ran the wire under each rung. Use the thickest wire available which is still flexible ( sorry don’t remember the gauge ). Use it very occasionally now and am a little wary that it is okay, although it shows no signs of rotting.

My biggest complaint is that the rungs are spread very far apart and this , combined with the worry that it has decayed over the years, makes for a very nervous descent !!

OP , I’m about 85kg , should be 75kg damn you lockdown !! 

Same problem, I lose weight though and it finds me again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I used a 600thb bamboo ladder to paint our house, never again. Now, I buy the best aluminum  ladder available, regardless the cost. For a 3M step ladder I paid 4500thb.