Help please with test and go covid insurance

Hi
I am an expat living in Thailand on a retirement visa.
At present I am in the UK visiting family for a couple of weeks.
When I return to Thailand how long do I need my Covid insurance to run for entry under test and go scheme?
I will be getting one-way ticket to Thailand.

27 minutes ago, Teech said:

You have an extension of your permission of stay, a permit, not a Visa, based on retirement.

The period of Insurance should cover the total period of stay granted on entry.
Whatever date your extension expires is the date the Insurance should cover up to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Teech said:

Hi
At present I am in the UK visiting family for a couple of weeks.
When I return to Thailand how long do I need my Covid insurance to run for entry under test and go scheme?
I will be getting one-way ticket to Thailand.

I believe its 90 days (the length of your permission to stay)but stick around others might have more advice.

Your one way imop could be a problem ! Did you get a re entry  permit before you left Thailand.

10 hours ago, riclag said:

I believe its 90 days (the length of your permission to stay)

And if your permission to stay expires say next December?

3 hours ago, WilliamG said:

And if your permission to stay expires say next December?

I thought the permission of stay for retirement purposes existed till the next 90 day reporting cycle ! 
Your right im wrong! 

• Like 1

I'm also on a retirement extension. I'm departing Phuket on April 12 and returning April 20. I applied and had my Thai Pass approved a few days ago. 

The Thai Pass application does not ask you to upload a copy of your extension or re-entry stamp; only your data page. Knowing Thai bureaucracy, it seems doubtful the Thai Pass people check your extension of stay expiration. The required insurance is to cover you should you get Covid upon your arrival, either on the day 1 PCR or day 5 ATK. Therefore, 30 days coverage makes sense. 

I submitted my Cigna policy information when I applied. It's an annual policy and expires (and will be renewed) on July 30. But that's the same time that my extension of stay expires so it doesn't answer your question. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

I'm also on a retirement extension. I'm departing Phuket on April 12 and returning April 20. I applied and had my Thai Pass approved a few days ago. 

The Thai Pass application does not ask you to upload a copy of your extension or re-entry stamp; only your data page. Knowing Thai bureaucracy, it seems doubtful the Thai Pass people check your extension of stay expiration. The required insurance is to cover you should you get Covid upon your arrival, either on the day 1 PCR or day 5 ATK. Therefore, 30 days coverage makes sense. 

I submitted my Cigna policy information when I applied. It's an annual policy and expires (and will be renewed) on July 30. But that's the same time that my extension of stay expires so it doesn't answer your question. 

I have read similar reports recently, of returning  non o’s ,only getting a 30 day covid Ins policy! And not being questioned on arrival 

Thanks for your comment 

On 4/7/2022 at 2:13 PM, DFPhuket said:

The required insurance is to cover you should you get Covid upon your arrival, either on the day 1 PCR or day 5 ATK. Therefore, 30 days coverage makes sense. 

The required Insurance also cover accident and illness for the duration of the policy.

A friend who spends 6 months UK, 6 months Thailand flew Emirates and received their free Insurance from AIA. 3 months after arriving back in Thailand he developed a hernia. He had keyhole surgery at Khon Kaen hospital, 200,000 baht. AIA paid the bill in full.

Although the required Insurance is associated with covering the cost of treatment from Covid, it also has other practical advantages.
TAT recommend it covers the full period of stay, however if your a returning retiree and only want to purchase a 30 day policy, that's up to you if you care to follow the advice or not.

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/03/thailand-reopening-exemption-from-quarantine-test-go/

1. An insurance policy with coverage no less than US$20,000. Thais and foreign expatriates under Thailand’s national healthcare coverage are exempt from this requirement.
    • *TAT recommends that travellers make sure to check the small print of any COVID-19 insurance policy before purchasing. Ultimately, the policy should cover the cost of treatment and other medical expenses associated with being infected with COVID-19, including in-patient hospitalisation, hospital isolation, hotel isolation, or related quarantine. The insurance policy should also cover the whole duration that travellers are planning to stay in Thailand, plus at least 10 extra days as a precautionary measure in the event that the traveller’s second test result returns as positive.

<deleted - keep unqualified advice to yourself please>

Edited by KaptainRob
Refer Forum Guidelines