News Forum - Taxi driver accused of driving off with tourist’s luggage says he was using the restroom

Thaiger

A taxi driver who was accused of robbing a tourist and leaving him at a petrol station told police that he never left the tourist, saying he was in the restroom the entire time because he needed to poop. The driver taking two people from the Ubon Ratchathani International Airport to the Khemmarat district had stopped at a petrol station to use the restroom and take a quick break. When the two travellers went out to the convenience store, they didn’t see the driver anywhere. Reports say they waited 10 minutes before calling the police. The tourist’s luggage, passport, tablet […]

The story Taxi driver accused of driving off with tourist’s luggage says he was using the restroom as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

10 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Story sounds like a load of crap. 

He went to the rest room to check how much is the luggage worth

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

He went to the rest room to check how much is the luggage worth

I think he may have just left to check out the luggage and then thought to quickly come back, but there is no way in heck he could park the taxi anywhere at a gas station that would make it unseeable. He just got cold feet afterwards or got a heads up from the taxi place that he was going to be busted. His next paln was to drive to the destination and say, hey, what happened? Where did you go? If anyone buys his story then they deserve to get ripped off.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I think he may have just left to check out the luggage and then thought to quickly come back, but there is no way in heck he could park the taxi anywhere at a gas station that would make it unseeable. He just got cold feet afterwards or got a heads up from the taxi place that he was going to be busted. His next paln was to drive to the destination and say, hey, what happened? Where did you go? If anyone buys his story then they deserve to get ripped off.

In chanel 7 news they showed when the police arrived at the gas station and not found the taxi driver or his car. The police was a quite of time there also to check the cctv footages. I guess he watched the Thai tv news and realized they got him on the camera.

6 minutes ago, Stardust said:

In chanel 7 news they showed when the police arrived at the gas station and not found the taxi driver or his car. The police was a quite of time there also to check the cctv footages. I guess he watched the Thai tv news and realized they got him on the camera.

Not sure how it worked or works. But I would think the police called the taxi company and then they gave him a call and the low down that he is in trouble. If a taxi isn't there always a connection to some outifit depending on the color of the taxi? I know taxi drivers won some cars, and some rent them, but the over all facts on how it works I am not quite sure.