Jump to content

News Forum - Homemade bomb explodes on Rayong road, 9 other bombs being defused


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

A homemade bomb packed with gunpowder, nails, and steel nuts exploded and nine undetonated bombs were found on a main road in eastern Thailand’s Rayong. The blast caused minor damage to the road and no one was injured. The nine bombs are being defused today by the province’s Explosive Ordnance Disposal team. One bomb defused today caused a big blast, hurling the tire surrounding it high up into the sky above a rubber tree. The Bangkok Post reports that the EOD team moved the eight bombs to an area around a kilometre away to destroy them. The bombs were found […]

The story Homemade bomb explodes on Rayong road, 9 other bombs being defused as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the way they used a single old tyre to surround each of the bombs. About as effective as a few branches from a tree placed behind a broken down car 😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A homemade bomb packed with gunpowder, nails, and steel nuts exploded and nine undetonated bombs were found on a main road in eastern Thailand’s Rayong.

Must have forgotten to put in the safety switch

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 explosion around midnight yesterday

 saw many of what he thought were homemade bombs on the road 

Must have some knowledge to identify them in the dark, wrapped in black plastic.

whoever was carrying the bombs to have seen a police car, dropped the bombs and ran.

Midnight and a Police car patrolling, pull the other one.

Lots wrong with this story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Noble_Design said:

WTH, what kind of sick people would make explosives to maim and kill other people?

Just think of the boston marathon bombers.....there are some sick terroristic people in this world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Soidog said:

I like the way they used a single old tyre to surround each of the bombs. About as effective as a few branches from a tree placed behind a broken down car 😂

With the actual Void in the tire facing the explosive device some of the shock and shrapnel would be captured by the tire as it expands with the blast should one occur....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just think of the boston marathon bombers.....there are some sick terroristic people in this world.

Yes... and Oklahoma as well...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

With the actual Void in the tire facing the explosive device some of the shock and shrapnel would be captured by the tire as it expands with the blast should one occur....

Clearly. But a single tyre, is that really the best option available to the Thai bomb disposal squad? Maybe it is? In which case, poor sods! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

Clearly. But a single tyre, is that really the best option available to the Thai bomb disposal squad? Maybe it is? In which case, poor sods! 

I think it was a temporary solution until an EOD arrived on scene, but  then I could be wrong TIT

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 14

      News Forum - Disgraced Khon Kaen school director nabbed for buying sex from student, 12

    2. 14

      News Forum - Disgraced Khon Kaen school director nabbed for buying sex from student, 12

    3. 14

      News Forum - Disgraced Khon Kaen school director nabbed for buying sex from student, 12

    4. 14

      News Forum - Disgraced Khon Kaen school director nabbed for buying sex from student, 12

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use