News Forum - Thailand, a yacht racing destination

Thaiger

by Paul Poole It all started in 1986 when a select group from the elite Royal Varuna Yacht Club (RVYC) got together and decided to launch a regatta in Phuket in 1987 – as a special tribute for the 60th birthday of the then King of Thailand, His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej. Thus the Phuket King’s Cup Regatta (PKCR) was born. Royally connected architect M.L. Tridosyuth Devakul, affectionately known as ‘Mom Tri’, designed the prestigious trophy and generously offered his new Phuket Yacht Club Hotel at Nai Harn Bay as the regatta venue. Starting with a mixture of dinghies, beach […]

The story Thailand, a yacht racing destination as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

No other Southeast Asian country can claim as rich and varied an all-year-round yachting calendar as Thailand 

Especially when you have other Asian countries like Bhutan, Laos, Mongolia and Nepal to compare to.

• Haha 3

I think a few Russian Oligarchs may be looking to race to hide their super yachts in Thailand before long. Not many other places will take them.  

2 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

At least this group won't complain about the 300 baht enterence fee.

I bet Thailand will add 300 baht for boat entry as well?

2 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

At least this group won't complain about the 300 baht enterence fee.

How do you know? Are you suggesting Russians aren’t principled people? That sounds racist to me.

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

How do you know? Are you suggesting Russians aren’t principled people? That sounds racist to me.

What are you talking about? I said nothing racist or against the Russians.

54 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

What are you talking about? I said nothing racist or against the Russians.

Well you suggested Russians would just accept this unjustified charge as if they had no independent thought or principles.