News Forum - Is Vietnam opening its borders to international visitors?

Thaiger

Press Release Vietnam is one of the most visited countries in Southeast Asia. Before the pandemic shutting the international borders of countries around the world, Vietnam was regularly competing with Thailand for being the most popular destination in the entire region. Once the coronavirus proved to be here for the long haul, the government had to make the difficult decision to cut off that steady stream of outside capital and prioritize the health and wellbeing of its citizens. Recently, transmission and hospitalization numbers have seen a sharp decline in Vietnam, and the government has responded with an exciting announcement. Starting […]

The story Is Vietnam opening its borders to international visitors? as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

With 24 hours quarantine and a covid test on arrival it doesn't look any better than "Test & (maybe or maybe not) Go"

At this rate the tourists aren't likely to come flooding back to SE Asia anytime soon. I've done T&G once and I don't want to repeat the experience, even though I "passed"

Too stressful and scary for a holiday

• Like 2

Everywhere is "open" if you can tolerate the hoops you need to jump through... But a pre-flight AND on-arrival PCR test is not going to attract anyone except the most desperate to get in immediately. The only thing VN has going for them at the moment is no post-arrival 2nd PRC or insurance requirements

When we speak about reopening we expect that the country gonna remove all the tests , quarantine and stupid rules . Open only for vaccinated tourist is stupid , vaccinated people can get the virus can spread the virus can end up in icu they can die , what’s the difference btw vaccinated and not?

<deleted - off topic>

Edited by KaptainRob
Refer Forum Guidelines

8 hours ago, Simone said:

When we speak about reopening we expect that the country gonna remove all the tests , quarantine

Good chance this will happen ….

8 hours ago, Simone said:

and stupid rules .

But this is Thailand …. So stupid rules will remain 😉

On 3/25/2022 at 12:17 AM, Robbie_Flyer said:

With 24 hours quarantine and a covid test on arrival it doesn't look any better than "Test & (maybe or maybe not) Go"

At this rate the tourists aren't likely to come flooding back to SE Asia anytime soon. I've done T&G once and I don't want to repeat the experience, even though I "passed"

Too stressful and scary for a holiday

Only ATK test and no quarantine required for Vietnam.  So you are mis-informed.

Edited by samiam123

Hi,

Because I keep in contact with my associates in Vietnam from my volunteer work there, I can shed a little light on this news.  From my perspective, Vietnam is doing everything they can to generate interest in Internation tourism.  I get weekly, if not daily updates from friends, both Vietnamese and American, and the situation on the ground is not very good.  Covid-19 is still playing havoc with the local population.  Access to medical care for both adults and children is direly needed, as I read from my Vietnamese friends in Vietnam. 

I would only say this.  The amount of energy put into marketing Vietnam as a tourist destination is not in line with what I am reading from people living there.

Vietnam is a beautiful country with really great people. Just as I love Thailand, right now, getting on a plane and travelling internationally, even to see my family is a risky proposition.  Naturally, every has their own tolerance for risk.  Mine is deeply rooted in friends in Australia and New Zealand that have been locked out of their own countries during the pandemic.  As the old expression goes, "Discretion is sometimes the better part of valor". 

Regardless, from my point of view, I have many friends there, and I trust what they are telling me.  Vietnam is nowhere near out of the woods as regards Covid-19 and government lockdowns.  

Whether America, Thailand, Vietnam or any country, stepping outside the safety of your home or resident country is still a dangerous proposition.  Just my opinion, but one backed with personal reports from those still suffering from this pandemic in several countries around the world.  It is always a personal decision, but you only need look at Shanghai and Hong Kong to see how the governments often respond to these flareups of Covid-19 surges.  I guess when I see messages from my Vietnamese friends pleading for help to find medical treatment for their family, I have a biased opinion.   As goes the public face, here is what i am seeing:

Vietnam officially reopens its doors to international tourism – VietNam Breaking News