Jump to content

News Forum - UPDATE: Bus driver in fatal accident tests positive for methamphetamine


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

The bus driver in the fatal accident where eight passengers died was reportedly high on methamphetamine, also known as “ya ba” meaning “crazy drug.” Dashcam footage from a nearby vehicle shows the double-decker bus crashing into a concrete supporting pillar of an overhead bridge, ripping the right side of the bus. More than 20 people were injured. Drug tests for one of the two drivers came back positive for methamphetamine. Reports in Thai media say the driver, 30 year old Narinsart Hongsa, confessed to using the illicit drug while driving. Narinsart says he started his shift at Nakhon Ratchasima’s Bus […]

The story UPDATE: Bus driver in fatal accident tests positive for methamphetamine as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And Porsche driver (son of Thai Millionaire High Ranking Thai Police Chief) has yet to have a report on his blood alcohol level, and any other drug level when he crashed into the Pakistani allegedly killing him. Very slow on reporting this outcome. Bet they got his COVID19 PCR test already …… 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The bus driver in the fatal accident where eight passengers died was reportedly high on methamphetamine, also known as “ya ba” meaning “crazy drug.” Dashcam footage from a nearby vehicle shows the double-decker bus crashing into a concrete supporting pillar of an overhead bridge, ripping the right side of the bus. More than 20 people were injured. Drug tests for one of the two drivers came back positive for methamphetamine. Reports in Thai media say the driver, 30 year old Narinsart Hongsa, confessed to using the illicit drug while driving. Narinsart says he started his shift at Nakhon Ratchasima’s Bus […]

The story UPDATE: Bus driver in fatal accident tests positive for methamphetamine as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Omg! Sorry Im thinking selfishly! Trial and execution!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

And Porsche driver (son of Thai Millionaire High Ranking Thai Police Chief) has yet to have a report on his blood alcohol level, and any other drug level when he crashed into the Pakistani allegedly killing him. Very slow on reporting this outcome. Bet they got his COVID19 PCR test already …… 

Was he driving this bus....?  🤔

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is Thailand. 1. A Porsche driver always gets away. 2.Kids of rich families always get away.3. Rich ppl in general always get away unless they are called Taksin. 4. Never get on a bus in Thailand.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sad news.  Taking a bus in Thailand is like playing with fire.

I usually take the bus from Ekkamai to Pattaya.  Always thought it was safer to take the big bus instead of the

vans, perhaps I'm wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Saunk said:

Sad news.  Taking a bus in Thailand is like playing with fire.

I usually take the bus from Ekkamai to Pattaya.  Always thought it was safer to take the big bus instead of the

vans, perhaps I'm wrong.

I don’t think there is a safe way to travel in Thailand, just less dangerous ways. Least dangerous way is to drive yourself. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Soidog said:

I don’t think there is a safe way to travel in Thailand, just less dangerous ways. Least dangerous way is to drive yourself. 

True, but we have to have a few drinks first so we fit in. (joke). Driving in Thailand is great fun. 

Normally the official taxi company from Phuket Airport to Kathu is great, I have taken one many times. 

But about ten years ago I got into the taxi and the driver said, 'No customer, not much money".

Once outside the airport he drove like a crazy guy, accelerating and driving down the motorcycle lane undertaking all the other cars on the highway, then slowing down, then making strange noises, then fast, then slow again. And it was at night. 

I thought if I say something it might make things worse and we might crash, I could hardly give him a slap at 90 KPH so I said nothing, on arrival I got out took my bag and walked off, no tip etc.

I was told it was probably yaba by Thai friends.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Saunk said:

I usually take the bus from Ekkamai to Pattaya.  Always thought it was safer to take the big bus instead of the vans, perhaps I'm wrong.

The bus is better. Lower speeds and a bigger crumple zone. I used to take the vans but after watching a video of a Thai guy filming others trapped and burning to death in a van I gave them up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The bus driver in the fatal accident where eight passengers died was reportedly high on methamphetamine, also known as “ya ba” meaning “crazy drug.” Dashcam footage from a nearby vehicle shows the double-decker bus crashing into a concrete supporting pillar of an overhead bridge, ripping the right side of the bus. More than 20 people were injured. Drug tests for one of the two drivers came back positive for methamphetamine. Reports in Thai media say the driver, 30 year old Narinsart Hongsa, confessed to using the illicit drug while driving. Narinsart says he started his shift at Nakhon Ratchasima’s Bus […]

The story UPDATE: Bus driver in fatal accident tests positive for methamphetamine as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

8 passengers killed but the driver survived....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JamesR said:

True, but we have to have a few drinks first so we fit in. (joke). Driving in Thailand is great fun. 

Normally the official taxi company from Phuket Airport to Kathu is great, I have taken one many times. 

But about ten years ago I got into the taxi and the driver said, 'No customer, not much money".

Once outside the airport he drove like a crazy guy, accelerating and driving down the motorcycle lane undertaking all the other cars on the highway, then slowing down, then making strange noises, then fast, then slow again. And it was at night. 

I thought if I say something it might make things worse and we might crash, I could hardly give him a slap at 90 KPH so I said nothing, on arrival I got out took my bag and walked off, no tip etc.

I was told it was probably yaba by Thai friends.

Yes it happens up and down the country. About 3 years ago I was sat at a red light around 1am about to cross Sukhumvit rd in Pattaya. I looked in the mirror and could see the lights of a car closing fast. A sixth sense told me this guy wasn’t going to stop and I was in his way. I turned left to get out of the way and watched in horror as this pickup drove straight through a red, across a 6 lane highway and out the other side. Simply incredible there wasn’t a major accident. Total nut jobs everywhere. This is why I struggle with this false narrative of Thai people being kind, respectful and courteous. I’m sure many are, in fact I know many are. But there are simply too many in a society that behave like totally selfish C#@ts to deserve this false label. I’m not saying they are any worse than most other countries. I simply don’t buy in to this “Thainess” and “Land of Smiles” nonsense. Keep it for tourist marketing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Soidog said:

 But there are simply too many in a society that behave like totally selfish C#@ts to deserve this false label.

And this Dr Jekyl&Mr Hyde phenomenon, very polite and modest when face to face, but in their Benz they turn into monsters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

And this Dr Jekyl&Mr Hyde phenomenon, very polite and modest when face to face, but in their Benz they turn into monsters.

And even in a Nissan shed.....😯

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

And this Dr Jekyl&Mr Hyde phenomenon, very polite and modest when face to face, but in their Benz they turn into monsters.

Yes, I’ve tired to understand what drives this attitude over the years and got nowhere with it. A friend of mine spent a few days in hospital sometime back. Four times he saw the same doctor for a problem with his Kidneys. He told me what a kind and caring man this doctor was and how considerate he was making sure my friend felt positive about the future even though he may require dialysis. On the day of his dispatch from the hospital  he was in a small queue of cars waiting to get out of the hospital. His wife allowed a car to get in to the queue and he noticed the driver was the doctor. As the doctor exited the hospital he tells me how he recklessly pulled out on two motorbikes, shot across 3 lanes of traffic and went through the traffic lights which had just turned red. This is an educated man. Spends all his working day saving lives. And then hits the highway and behaves like a selfish mass murdering nutcase. Puzzling. Be interested to know if anyone else understands this split personality phenomena ? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use