60 Day Covid Extension Finished

ScottJamesinThailand

I turned up to the immigration office today to apply for the 60 day covid extension, as it had been extended to march 25th - WRONG!!!!

Was told no more 60 day covid extension - so could only get 30 days extension on my tourist visa.

• Like 1

I have read several reports that this is now many IO's standard practice; you have to take the 30 day extension first, after which you can ask for the Covid extension if it's still on offer.

Time is running out for Covid extensions, they are now only given for tourist visa and visa exampt entries.

1 hour ago, ScottJamesinThailand said:

I turned up to the immigration office today to apply for the 60 day covid extension, as it had been extended to march 25th - WRONG!!!!

Was told no more 60 day covid extension - so could only get 30 days extension on my tourist visa.

Was this your first time applying for the Covid extension, or had you get the Covid extension previously?

38 minutes ago, NTH said:

Was this your first time applying for the Covid extension, or had you get the Covid extension previously?

First time applying.

On 3/14/2022 at 11:37 AM, ScottJamesinThailand said:

What was the office?

60 day Covid extensions have ceased unless you can provide a valid reason why you need one.
An Embassy letter requesting the extension may be required.

Hi faz, is it official as we planned to go on Monday 21st to immigration office in Bkk to get a first COVID extension (our tourist visa expire end of march)?

Application for Covid extension - Jomtien.

last week I started an  application for a covid extension at Jomtien immigration. The following relevant facts may be of interest. First i am here on a 60 day tourist  visa with the standard 30 day extension of permission to stay and one successful covid application to date. Crucially NO EVIDENCE was provided to justify the extension other than the broad ground that the pandemic is continuing.

Here is a brief history of events:

Day 1 Monday 14 March  . Waited in q for 2 hours to obtain  Q ticket. At information desk given necessary application forms, which were completed, then told to come back on 18th (NB  Previous ext due to expire on 21st March)

Day 2 Friday 18th March. Q for 2 hours for Q ticket. Waited in a new q for number to be called- 1 hour.  Handed in completed forms and paid fee. Told to return on Monday to collect passport. 

Day 3 Collected passport from tent to the right side of entrance ( 90 day reporting area) Passport endorsed with an "under consideration" notice to return on 18th April. 

NOTES

1. If you do not have the stamped residence (TM 24 ?) docket they will do this for you on day 1.  

2. Queue problems have been exacerbated  by the many Russian tourists  applying for extensions 

3. On third visit you must produce the Q ticket from Day 2. 

4 Don't expect anyone at immigration to be helpful or explain anything!

On 3/20/2022 at 8:56 AM, Kris0656 said:

Hi faz, is it official as we planned to go on Monday 21st to immigration office in Bkk to get a first COVID extension (our tourist visa expire end of march)?

If you apply before March 25th it should be granted.
I do not expect them to extend the Covid extension scheme although the situation with thousands of Russians and Ukrainians currently stranded in Thailand could lead to them extending the scheme one more time.