News Forum - Prayut orders tight security amidst new Southern bomb attack

Thaiger

In the aftermath of a bombing in Yala province in Southern Thailand, PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered investigators to hunt down the perpetrators. The attack injured four patrolling rangers and two civilians in front of a school in Bannang Sata district. This news comes after a government negotiator announced last month that the Thai government would have peace talks with Southern rebels soon. Prayut has now ordered authorities to tighten security in every area, especially around vulnerable spots such as transport and railway roads in the area. Yala’s governor visited those injured by the bomb in hospital, and in their […]

The story Prayut orders tight security amidst new Southern bomb attack as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Ordered them to hunt down the perpetrators eh. What were the investigators doing before he ordered them? 

It would be nice, just for once, to read a news article involving the Thai government, that actually makes a shred of sense whatsoever. This whole forum exists as a result of the daily barrage of total idiotic actions and statements by these clowns. Reading what these imbeciles do and say has more comic value than the best Sit-coms ever written.  

• Like 5
  • Cool 1

14 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Ordered them to hunt down the perpetrators eh. What were the investigators doing before he ordered them? 

It would be nice, just for once, to read a news article involving the Thai government, that actually makes a shred of sense whatsoever. This whole forum exists as a result of the daily barrage of total idiotic actions and statements by these clowns. Reading what these imbeciles do and say has more comic value than the best Sit-coms ever written.  

Probably just like your home. Why do people come here only to complain? You need to give it a rest.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Probably just like your home. Why do people come here only to complain? You need to give it a rest.

Thankfully nothing like Britain. If the British Prime Minister was reported as “Ordering” the police to do their job, there would be roars of laughter at the stupidity of the statement.

You can’t help yourself Fred. I love that I live rent free in your head.  Now trot on and ignore me like you promised yourself and stop trying to defend the indefensible 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Actually, in my native country, a PM doesn't need to 'order' the police to so their jobs as they are already doing them, and without the back-handers. Even better, people don't set off bombs targeting officials as they are Democratically-elected and thus respected by the populace. 

I come on here to read the faux 'more Thai than Thai' posters who brag about how high-class they are as I know that the true high-class Thais simply laugh at them, and I find that amusing.

And, I come for the poontang.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Actually, in my native country, a PM doesn't need to 'order' the police to so their jobs as they are already doing them, and without the back-handers. Even better, people don't set off bombs targeting officials as they are Democratically-elected and thus respected by the populace. 

I come on here to read the faux 'more Thai than Thai' posters who brag about how high-class they are as I know that the true high-class Thais simply laugh at them, and I find that amusing.

Exactly mate. I love that term “more Thai than Thais” 😂😂. I guess if you are a failure in your own country, why not reinvent yourself in someone else’s 

• Like 3

On 3/11/2022 at 6:15 PM, LoongFred said:

Your ceaseless unqualified defense of all things Thai, in face of contrary evidence,  is rather irritating. clearly the Thai counter- insurgency campaign down south is probably the most inept in world history. Thai Govt has not the first idea how to deal with it.

so no, South here is not “just like your home”; what an absurd statement.
UK is world- class in counter- insurgency. EU nations reasonably good and certainly way ahead of amateur Thailand.

People come here to comment for many reasons which are not anybody's concern but theirs.  If anybody needs a rest from this forum it’s you, and other “ Thai can do no wrong” characters like you.

On 3/11/2022 at 6:45 PM, Shade_Wilder said:

I’m assuming you’re not from the U.K. ? 

5 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Your ceaseless unqualified defense of all things Thai, in face of contrary evidence,  is rather irritating. clearly the Thai counter- insurgency campaign down south is probably the most inept in world history. Thai Govt has not the first idea how to deal with it.

so no, South here is not “just like your home”; what an absurd statement.
UK is world- class in counter- insurgency. EU nations reasonably good and certainly way ahead of amateur Thailand.

People come here to comment for many reasons which are not anybody's concern but theirs.  If anybody needs a rest from this forum it’s you, and other “ Thai can do no wrong” characters like you.

Haha a bit like the IRA who ran circles ran the U.K. govt for decades murdering whenever they felt like it! (and now walking the streets enjoying life when the spineless U.K. govt did a deal with them) 

and now following the catastrophic brexit decision they will no longer have access to Europe’s best intelligence either - world class you say.  It’s not even second class! 

5 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Haha a bit like the IRA who ran circles ran the U.K. govt for decades murdering whenever they felt like it! (and now walking the streets enjoying life when the spineless U.K. govt did a deal with them) 

and now following the catastrophic brexit decision they will no longer have access to Europe’s best intelligence either - world class you say.  It’s not even second class! 

IRA recognized as world class best insurgents. Would have been destroyed in weeks by UK military but for political restraint. Most of their worst psychotic gunmen were still killed or jailed & IRA riddled with informants.

sharing of intelligence another political matter, little to do with counter- terror capability. UK MI5 are Certainly the worlds best having prevented hundreds of planned terror incidents. Who then is better ? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Benroon said:

The Provisionals realised their campaign of violence was going nowhere and funding from the US had almost evaporated after 9/11. 

They signed a peace agreement and surrendered their weapons. So the UK government (no matter which party was in power) was anything but spineless. 

I always find it laughable that Republicans would claim victory whenever they committed a terrorist act but scream unfair when one of their own was killed.

Still its history now and long may it stay there.   

Been quiet down there for a while.   Hazard a guess the insurgents have been inspired by the Taliban's eventual success, and the ballsy moves by Russia now, and in recent years. 

Long history of successful Insurgencies around the world..        👉🇺🇸👈

Edited by TWS60

Isn’t Uncle Tuu heading down south to open an new airport next week. Maybe he’s showing signs of nerves. What a nervous nelly …

On 3/12/2022 at 1:51 PM, oldschooler said:

IRA recognized as world class best insurgents. Would have been destroyed in weeks by UK military but for political restraint. Most of their worst psychotic gunmen were still killed or jailed & IRA riddled with informants.

sharing of intelligence another political matter, little to do with counter- terror capability. UK MI5 are Certainly the worlds best having prevented hundreds of planned terror incidents. Who then is better ? 

haha IRA 'world class' !! I've really heard it all now. I'm surprised they're not hired to sort out the worlds trouble spots. Of course they would have been 'destroyed' in weeks by an army a gazillion times better equipped, but that didn't stop them wandering into UK cities at will murdering whenever they felt like it. Where was the intelligence then ? or are you suggesting the political decision was made to let it happen ?

I have no idea who are better and nor do you. I was just debunking your assertion that the UK are leaders in 'intelligence' when a ragtag bunch of Irish hooligans ran circles around them for decades and even dictated the conditions of their own futures ! Hardly qualifies for 'leading edge' does it.

On 3/12/2022 at 2:04 PM, Rookiescot said:

The Provisionals realised their campaign of violence was going nowhere and funding from the US had almost evaporated after 9/11. 

They signed a peace agreement and surrendered their weapons. So the UK government (no matter which party was in power) was anything but spineless. 

I always find it laughable that Republicans would claim victory whenever they committed a terrorist act but scream unfair when one of their own was killed.

Still its history now and long may it stay there.   

Waiting for a pathetic little 'army' of angry irish rebels to choose when to call it a day shouldn't make anyone in the British hierarchy proud imo. I have no time for them and would have gladly signed up to them being obliterated over a given weekend, I was just debunking a comment that the UK was at any time in control of the situation. Blair had to cave in to get a result and then expected to be seen as a great statesman for ending the violence!

2 minutes ago, Benroon said:

haha IRA 'world class' !! I've really heard it all now. I'm surprised they're not hired to sort out the worlds trouble spots. Of course they would have been 'destroyed' in weeks by an army a gazillion times better equipped, but that didn't stop them wandering into UK cities at will murdering whenever they felt like it. Where was the intelligence then ? or are you suggesting the political decision was made to let it happen ?

I have no idea who are better and nor do you. I was just debunking your assertion that the UK are leaders in 'intelligence' when a ragtag bunch of Irish hooligans ran circles around them for decades and even dictated the conditions of their own futures ! Hardly qualifies for 'leading edge' does it.

Those few desperate IRA atrocities on mainland UK were by rogue splinter cells who could not be infiltrated and resulted from mass infiltration of IRA by MI5. Who then is better than MI5 at counter- insurgency? You don’t know ….

3 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Those few desperate IRA atrocities on mainland UK were by rogue splinter cells who could not be infiltrated and resulted from mass infiltration of IRA by MI5. Who then is better than MI5 at counter- insurgency? You don’t know ….

haha oh thats ok then ! 🙄 so non mainland killing is ok ? A bizarre separation. The IRA killed nearly 2,000 people in their campaign that the UK never came close to resolving until the IRA were bored with it themselves! But they are 'world class' you say ?

Who is better ? I've already told you I don't know , but then again nor do you.