News Forum - Tourism officials not bothered by US advice to citizens to avoid travel to Thailand

Thaiger

Tourism officials have shrugged off a US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention notice which advised citizens to avoid travel to Thailand. Earlier this week, the US CDC added Thailand to its list of Level 4 countries, due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation in the kingdom. However, Yuthasak Supasorn from the Tourism Authority of Thailand says that won’t make much of a difference to an already weakened sector. According to a Bangkok Post report, Yuthasak says the advisory is the same as that issued last year when Thailand’s infections peaked at over 20,000 cases a day. He doesn’t believe the […]

The story Tourism officials not bothered by US advice to citizens to avoid travel to Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

However, Yuthasak Supasorn from the Tourism Authority of Thailand says that won’t make much of a difference to an already weakened sector

To paraphrase, we have already done so much damage to the tourism sector, the USA announcement will have only add a negligible amount more. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Artemis080 said:

Except your travel insurance no longer covers you. And Thailand demands travel insurance...

When I receive an official directive from Gov.UK, then I shall sit up and act accordingly.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Cheeky bast****, coming from the most diseased country in the world, where 'it will go away, like a miracle'......

don't they like to control everything in the world?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Yeah, while pretending everywhere else got it wrong. 😀

• Like 1

Yes Poolie we WERE but now were open fully we are living with it. Thailand is still forcing mask-wearing and control measures and will stay in place for Months. I sense sour grapes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

no, he shouldn't be bothered by the US travel warning, hundreds of thousands of tourists from other countries are booking flights to Thailand. What with the pent-up demand and all...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

They may like to think they control everything worldwide but in reality, China may now be in pole position.

2 hours ago, vlad said:

Yes Poolie we WERE but now were open fully we are living with it. Thailand is still forcing mask-wearing and control measures and will stay in place for Months. I sense sour grapes.

Sour grapes? There isn't two thousand people dying every day of covid where I live mate. There's barely twice that died in two years. Don't talk ridiculous. 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Poolie said:

Cheeky bast****, coming from the most diseased country in the world, where 'it will go away, like a miracle'......

Well hopefully the Chinese will pay to clear up the mess they have created for the world

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

This is strange because I'm signed up on the US Embassy alert system and get all kinds of notices, but not this one. 

Because you aren’t a US citizen Fred. That’s why! 

5 hours ago, vlad said:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Poolie said:

Once again your bias is showing... along with your ignorance.  The population of the USA is 335 million while the population of Thailand is 70 million... yet Thailand is showing as many new cases of covid as the USA... do the math if you can and see which country has it wrong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skip said:

Once again your bias is showing... along with your ignorance.  The population of the USA is 335 million while the population of Thailand is 70 million... yet Thailand is showing as many new cases of covid as the USA... do the math if you can and see which country has it wrong.

You do understand how pandemics work right?

They move around and infect areas as go and places surge while other area's surge dissipate 

And you seriously can't be putting the US up ad some sort of success in Covid?

I mean that is laughable 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Guevara said:

When I receive an official directive from Gov.UK, then I shall sit up and act accordingly.

This is not relevant to you it's only relevant to US citizens. 

The UK advisory is currently at level 2 or 3 so insurance is not effected for UK citizens. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

You do understand how pandemics work right?

They move around and infect areas as go and places surge while other area's surge dissipate 

And you seriously can't be putting the US up ad some sort of success in Covid?

I mean that is laughable 

Actually I do know how it works... and I most definitely am not saying that the USA has been successful in their handling of covid... I left the USA for a reason.

My comment was directed at the bias and false information being dispensed  by Poolie based on his continual bashing of the USA... it serves no constructive purpose. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Skip said:

Well, seeing as how I'm not comparing Thailand with 'Murca that's a moot point. You shot your mouth off without thinking. So YOU 'do the math.' Have a nice day. 😃

3 hours ago, Tim_Melb said:

This is not relevant to you it's only relevant to US citizens. 

The UK advisory is currently at level 2 or 3 so insurance is not effected for UK citizens. 

We have Brandon at the wheel.

I just checked the US embassy web site. There was a war in on Nov 3 regarding covid but nothing more resent. I think the thaiger should check sources 

9 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

I just checked the US embassy web site. There was a war in on Nov 3 regarding covid but nothing more resent. I think the thaiger should check sources 

Try checking the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention website that was clearly mentioned as the source in the Thaiger article.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/thailand

Level 4: COVID-19 Very High

I think you should first check you have the right source Fred.

• Thanks 1

From my general observation over the years, USA tends to go high and right with travel advisories/warnings, covering their arses against the litigious morons who live there.  You know, the kind that sue McDonalds because the coffee they spilled on themselves in the car, was too hot.  Not hard to imagine some Yank douche nozzle flies to Thailand, gets COVID, then makes a stink on social media that they weren't warned about it in advance.  Fox News would be all over that.  It's Joe Biden's fault.  He should have taken care of it personally.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1