60 day Visa application running out - Help needed ?

tuktuk50000

Hello 🙂

You guys helped me with my 60 days visa back in December  👌

My problem is that I received it.  then Thai Pass rules changed so I cancelled the whole trip. 😡

Now its back to 1 pcr test at arrival.  I am willing to travel but when I checked my Visa its running out on the 20th March I thought it was end of March.

So my question is Am I ok to arrive on the 19th March  will my 60 day visa start on that date  never used a 60 days visa before so unsure.

I am on a flexi ticket credit refunded so have to use the same airline and there prices are stupidly high until the 18th March, plus they stop in Phuket for a service and refuel so its a bad flight.  I can get another airline flight of course.  But then I have to fund another flight out of my travel money, but thought to see what my visa option is to use.  I have contacted the embassy to see if they extend me until April, as Thai govt changed the rules after my visa was accepted 22nd Dec and cancelled.

Thai Pass was changed  23rd Dec and I waited for my visa to arrive  because as  a option in the  Thai Pass was visa number so I thought wait then complete the pass fully. My mistake for waiting 😢

thanks in advance guys

When you arrive in Thailand , you get a permission to stay , which is usually 60 days from the day you enter .

You just need to get into Thailand before your Visa expires and you will get 60 days from that day 

7. Please note that the period of visa validity is different from the period of stay.  Visa validity is the period during which a visa can be used to enter Thailand.  In general, the validity of a visa is 3 months, but in some cases, visas may be issued to be valid for 6 months, 1 year or 3 years.  The validity of a visa is granted with discretion by the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General and is displayed on the visa sticker. 

8. On the other hand, the period of stay is granted by an immigration officer upon arrival at the port of entry and in accordance with the type of visa.  For example, the period of stay for a transit visa is not exceeding 30 days, for a tourist visa is not exceeding 60 days and for a non-immigrant visa is not exceeding 90 days from the arrival date.  The period of stay granted by the immigration officer is displayed on the arrival stamp.  Travellers who wish to stay longer than such period may apply for extension of stay at offices of the Immigration Bureau 

General information - กระทรวงการต่างประเทศ (mfa.go.th)

Thanks

my Evisa states  expires  20th March so to get the Thai pass hotel rebooked and insurance  is an additional stress that I dont need on top of PCR tests

here is what it shows

Date of grant

21 December 2021

Visa must be used by

20 March 2022

Length of stay in Thailand

60 days

1 hour ago, tuktuk50000 said:

Thanks

my Evisa states  expires  20th March so to get the Thai pass hotel rebooked and insurance  is an additional stress that I dont need on top of PCR tests

here is what it shows

Date of grant

21 December 2021

Visa must be used by

20 March 2022

Length of stay in Thailand

60 days

If you arrive in Thailand before 20 th March, you will get 60 days permission to stay on the day that you arrive 

• 1 month later...

Thanks to you guys  I renewed my visa again  and Thai Pass

much appreciated your time and advices