Jump to content

What does your ‘natural level of grumpiness’ reveal about you?


Faraday
 Share

Recommended Posts

Of course, none of us on here,  will relate to this, as we are all sweetness & light....😂

 

"Have you had the soul of a grumpy old man frNatural-level-of-grumpiness-whats-yours-what-it-means-how-to-change-it-BP-ba5e.gif.09ab49b0bfab352625fa41bacb1d8c9e.gifom the moment you entered the world?

Do you absolutely love to have a moan?

Do you give Oscar the Grouch a run for his money?

All of us will sometimes have the tendency to look for the negative rather than celebrating the positive, but there are some people who just seem to be designed to be super grumpy.

This, says Grant J Ryan, the author of Comparonomics: Why Life Is Better Than You Think, is down to your NLG – natural level of grumpiness.

We all have an NLG, but some people’s will be higher than others. You can see this in how often you complain and what about."

 

 

 

https://metro.co.uk/2022/02/27/how-to-change-your-natural-level-of-grumpiness-16182559/

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Faraday said:

Of course, none of us on here,  will relate to this, as we are all sweetness & light....😂

"Have you had the soul of a grumpy old man frNatural-level-of-grumpiness-whats-yours-what-it-means-how-to-change-it-BP-ba5e.gif.09ab49b0bfab352625fa41bacb1d8c9e.gifom the moment you entered the world?

Do you absolutely love to have a moan?

Do you give Oscar the Grouch a run for his money?

All of us will sometimes have the tendency to look for the negative rather than celebrating the positive, but there are some people who just seem to be designed to be super grumpy.

This, says Grant J Ryan, the author of Comparonomics: Why Life Is Better Than You Think, is down to your NLG – natural level of grumpiness.

We all have an NLG, but some people’s will be higher than others. You can see this in how often you complain and what about."

https://metro.co.uk/2022/02/27/how-to-change-your-natural-level-of-grumpiness-16182559/

Thanks. Does Thailand make it worse for some or is it just what they bring with them. To bad it’s not left at home.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of course I am grumpy. I am Scottish. Although we call it crabbit. 

We spend our entire life like that.

Most countries have at least 5 alert states, defcon 1 defcon 2 etc.

We only have two.

1. Pi$$ed off

2. Lets get the ba$tards

Thats it. It is the natural order of things. Now stop going on about it because its annoying me.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Generally happy, biggest enemy is age an the aches and pain that come with it.

Plenty of which I get as this stupid old goat is in denial and thinks he can work and do things the same as 40 year olds.  Then my wife pays the price of a grumpy old bugga for the next few days.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2022 at 1:52 PM, LoongFred said:

Thanks. Does Thailand make it worse for some or is it just what they bring with them. To bad it’s not left at home.

Definitely bring it with them, else if they got it here, they would return home sharpish surely. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find you sometimes go out in a great mood - perhaps grab a cold beer and watch the world go by (dark glasses if the Mrs is with you) and then within a couple of hours some miserable bastard will sit there moaning the beer is one baht more than it was 15 years ago and is cheaper 425 miles away up north and to be polite you nod sympathetically, fast forward a few hours and you go home as miserable as sin as the whining old bastard managed to suck you in with his full repertoire of moans! Thailand is full of em !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I consider myself a happy, contented even tempered kind of chap, but I can get incredibly grumpy when faced with stupidity, rudeness, incompetence, the slow witted and plain dick headedness. As you can imagine, I can get grumpy several times a day in LOS, usually in the car, when dealing with some other expats and in 7/11, which is mostly staffed by slow witted  idiots.  Apart from that, I'm very even tempered!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

I find you sometimes go out in a great mood - perhaps grab a cold beer and watch the world go by (dark glasses if the Mrs is with you) and then within a couple of hours some miserable bastard will sit there moaning the beer is one baht more than it was 15 years ago and is cheaper 425 miles away up north and to be polite you nod sympathetically, fast forward a few hours and you go home as miserable as sin as the whining old bastard managed to suck you in with his full repertoire of moans! Thailand is full of em !

I know exactly the type you mean. They can be depressing but my modus operandi with them is to become Mr Sunshine for the duration. I point out everything that brought me to Thailand and makes me happy that they either cheer up or bugger off sharpish and find another miserable sod to moan along with.   😀

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a saying in Thai if things not develop to a better and nobody complain or try to change it

You need one farang to change it

😅

So the grumpy has also a good side, if he is grumpy on the right point 😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was born Irish and Catholic in Boston. So I run "agitated" by default.

I find that I am calmer in SE Asia. *Removed by moderator*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

I was born Irish and Catholic in Boston. So I run "agitated" by default.

I find that I am calmer in SE Asia. *Removed by moderator*

I was also born Irish and Catholic in Boston 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

I was born Irish and Catholic in Boston.

22 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I was also born Irish and Catholic in Boston 

My condolences to you both.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I was also born Irish and Catholic in Boston 

So we will both die drunk and guilt ridden. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the key word here is 'old'!

I would admit to getting more cranky and less tolerant over the last 10 years or so. I was a happy and positive person but I am afraid continual aches and pains plays a part, not to mention mortality issues. Also being surrounded by incompetents can wear me down!

I have an identical twin brother and his wife has called him Victor Meldrew for a very long time so I guess that's me too.

For those who have never heard of Victor......

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I think the key word here is 'old'!

I would admit to getting more cranky and less tolerant over the last 10 years or so. I was a happy and positive person but I am afraid continual aches and pains plays a part, not to mention mortality issues. Also being surrounded by incompetents can wear me down!

I have an identical twin brother and his wife has called him Victor Meldrew for a very long time so I guess that's me too.

For those who have never heard of Victor......

Meldrew learned at the feet of a master.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/26/2022 at 1:56 PM, Saltire said:

I think the key word here is 'old'!

I would strongly disagree, Have you seen the videos of college students losing their nuts? 🙂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/26/2022 at 1:38 PM, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

So we will both die drunk and guilt ridden. 

That does not have to yet be your Fate.

Someone already died for your sins, do you think he would want you to wallow in guilt and alcohol?

No matter how enjoyable both of those past times can be 😉

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Raugh said:

That does not have to yet be your Fate.

Someone already died for your sins, do you think he would want you to wallow in guilt and alcohol?

No matter how enjoyable both of those past times can be 😉

Yesh....it was a joke. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Yesh....it was a joke.

I am thinking that any of my posts may need a caveat,"over 50YO under 70YO poster,tends to joke"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Raugh said:

That does not have to yet be your Fate.

Someone already died for your sins, do you think he would want you to wallow in guilt and alcohol?

No matter how enjoyable both of those past times can be 😉

13 hours ago, Thaidup said:

 

15 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Yesh....it was a joke. 

No Duh Einstein

Not the swiftest bunch up in here <sigh>

Humor is an art not a science. I have to work with the material you give me no matter how bland and uninteresting it may be.

13 hours ago, Thaidup said:

I am thinking that any of my posts may need a caveat,"over 50YO under 70YO poster,tends to joke"

Maybe a bit of an oversell of your abilities no? We are all happy you are trying "thinking" however

 

Caveat: These are my feeble attempts at humor. Sorry if I offend or fall short of your expectations. As a Falang I have grown accustomed to falling short of expectations in several departments, but my Zimmer is quite sturdy and nimble still.

Edited by Raugh
added a caveat
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/28/2022 at 2:43 PM, Raugh said:

Maybe a bit of an oversell of your abilities no? We are all happy you are trying "thinking" however

Caveat: These are my feeble attempts at humor. Sorry if I offend or fall short of your expectations. As a Falang I have grown accustomed to falling short of expectations in several departments, but my Zimmer is quite sturdy and nimble still.

No need to apologize to anyone. My post was aimed at explaining how humor was in the 70's 80's and 90's a fine example would be the TV shows like Benny Hill, Though the generation before may find them tasteless and the generation after may find them "sexist", My personnel opinion is that humor should be simply accepted as humor regardless of how it may any individual personally feel. After all it is a joke.🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/20/2022 at 8:26 PM, Pinetree said:

I consider myself a happy, contented even tempered kind of chap, but I can get incredibly grumpy when faced with stupidity, rudeness, incompetence, the slow witted and plain dick headedness. As you can imagine, I can get grumpy several times a day in LOS, usually in the car, when dealing with some other expats and in 7/11, which is mostly staffed by slow witted  idiots.  Apart from that, I'm very even tempered!

I think it could just possibly be  you. I invariably find 7Eleven staff to be competent, polite and helpful. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use