Re-entry permit in Bangkok

Brett

Hi. I'm currently in Bangkok and will need to apply for a re-entry permit so I can visit Cambodia and then return. I'm reading mixed messages about where I can do this. Can I apply at any of the immigration offices around Bangkok or only a specific one? Cheers in advance 🙏

44 minutes ago, Brett said:

Hi. I'm currently in Bangkok and will need to apply for a re-entry permit so I can visit Cambodia and then return. I'm reading mixed messages about where I can do this. Can I apply at any of the immigration offices around Bangkok or only a specific one? Cheers in advance 🙏

Any IO office .

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-visa/re-entry-visa-thailand

Where was your current extension issued?

Usually the office that issued the extension would be the place to apply, unless you've moved, in which case you should have filed a TM30 in Bangkok then you should be able to obtain a re-entry permit there.

1 minute ago, Faz said:

Incorrect.
That's a commercial website, not an Immigration website.

Only the office where your place of residence is registered will issue a re-entry permit, or offer any other services.

So the airport’ IO offices are a waste of time in regards to obtaining a permit?

14 minutes ago, Faz said:

Where was your current extension issued?

Usually the office that issued the extension would be the place to apply, unless you've moved, in which case you should have filed a TM30 in Bangkok then you should be able to obtain a re-entry permit there.

Sorry, to clarify, I'm on a 60 day tourist visa.

10 minutes ago, riclag said:

So the airport’ IO offices are a waste of time in regards to obtaining a permit?

No, the desk there is not an official Immigration office as such.
It offers limited services, not the full services of registered Immigration offices.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Brett said:

Sorry, to clarify, I'm on a 60 day tourist visa.

Well wherever your staying, presumably Bangkok, whether it be a hotel or private residence should have filed a TM30 as per the law to register the whereabouts of foreigners, with Bangkok Immigration.

Provided a TM30 has been filed then obtaining a re-entry permit at Bangkok IO shouldn't be a problem.

You realise that if you exit Thailand, you'll have to apply for the Thailand Pass and meet the entry requirements again in order to re-enter.

1 hour ago, Faz said:

You realise that if you exit Thailand, you'll have to apply for the Thailand Pass and meet the entry requirements again in order to re-enter.

Yes. Bit of a nuisance but worth it I think.

2 hours ago, Brett said:

So any IO office should be ok? Like this one for example....

One Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit+66 2 209 1100

https://goo.gl/maps/nYsZZJT1F7aQMQb16

No, you'll either have to go to Chang Wattana, or Muang Thani.

Online Service and Public Guide – Immigration Division1 | กองบังคับการตรวจคนเข้าเมือง 1
No 5 - re-entry permit.

• Like 1