Jump to content

News Forum - Thailand News Update | Will Thailand scrap 2nd test for the Test and Go?


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

A meeting today with the CCSA where they will formerly discuss proposals regarding possible updates to Test and Go, the most popular option for the Thailand Pass online application system for international travellers. Although there’s been speculation that the controversial Day 5 PCR test may be dropped, we won’t know until alter today. The Thaiger will bring you up to date with the decisions as they happen at thethaiger.com Prosecutors have indicted a junior police officer whose motorbike struck and killed a woman on a zebra crossing in Ratchathewi, Bangkok last month. He was riding a Ducati big bike when he […]

The story Thailand News Update | Will Thailand scrap 2nd test for the Test and Go? as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they just change the test to rapid, won’t make a difference. If they drop it all together it will help. However things won’t start getting back to something resembling normal until they drop the arrival test too. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The day 5 test is unnecessary. Remembering that arrivals already were tested in the 72 hours before departure, travelled with others that tested negative and then are tested again on arrival. Two tests 48 to 72 hours apart should be more than adequate proof that the arrivals are not infected. Maybe a day 5 test can be justified if another passenger on the aircraft tests positive on arrival in Thailand but that is the only justification. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

controversial Day 5 PCR

Don't forget the very controversial hotel night. Or, they're thinking that we have to do an ATK at a SHA hotel, if positive......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surely they will at least scrap the Day 5 test + hotel night. Surely they know by now it is not only useless but counterproductive. If everyone here, even the most opposite opinions and views on every subjects possible, could agree on a single subject for the first tim ever, surely it is that one. No?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

A meeting today with the CCSA where they will formerly discuss proposals regarding possible updates to Test and Go, the most popular option for the Thailand Pass online application system for international travellers. Although there’s been speculation that the controversial Day 5 PCR test may be dropped, we won’t know until alter today. The Thaiger will bring you up to date with the decisions as they happen at thethaiger.com Prosecutors have indicted a junior police officer whose motorbike struck and killed a woman on a zebra crossing in Ratchathewi, Bangkok last month. He was riding a Ducati big bike when he […]

The story Thailand News Update | Will Thailand scrap 2nd test for the Test and Go? as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

They are unlikely to make any changes because it would have the appearance of being counter productive to the "increased level of concern."

Additionally, they have made too much of an investment in the process.

My prediction is that restrictions will be lifted to coincide with the Saudi arrivals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

thats only one small step in getting tourtist back.they should scrap all this over done crap.the insurance as well.as you know,if you test pos,but are not ''in a hospital being treated for covid it pays nothing''!!!! and all who come will already had both shots and a booster,so they know if you do test pos  you might be gave pills and told to stay in for 7 to 10 days.no one has been put in the hospital or died who have had their total shots.so why the crap high cost insurance that you know its 99.9% sure its never going to be used???its nothing but a money grab.they should also drop all these  jpeg downloads and pass. go back to mailing in your paper work,pass port to the embassy of your country,get your visa back in 8 to 10 days and go.that was simple,easy and not as upsetting as all this unknown b/s you are asking tourtist to comply with. and now most all cases are the omikron type thats like a cold if you have had your shots.so learn to live with it as about all other countries have.dont the thai govt think the thai working people have suffered enough?next month is two years of thai people suffering  by over done restrictions.more and more of my friends are electing to visit mexico,and south america as none of the b/s. is done.i think it will end when the thai working class get totaly pissed about no jobs,or income. chock dee to all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tim_Melb said:

The day 5 test is unnecessary. Remembering that arrivals already were tested in the 72 hours before departure, travelled with others that tested negative and then are tested again on arrival. Two tests 48 to 72 hours apart should be more than adequate proof that the arrivals are not infected. Maybe a day 5 test can be justified if another passenger on the aircraft tests positive on arrival in Thailand but that is the only justification. 

The reason why the 5 day hotel reservation took place was some people would disappear and wouldn't show up for day 5 testing. So the tourist did it to themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like day 5 pcr will indeed be scrapped and replaced by ATK.

(won't make any difference for tourism,  if that's what they think).

Screenshot_20220223_131357.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

The reason why the 5 day hotel reservation took place was some people would disappear and wouldn't show up for day 5 testing. So the tourist did it to themselves.

Good, looks like it worked, well done tourists, ridiculous rule scrapped next month and only $20,000 insurance.

👌

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 10

      News Forum - Thai passport worth less than Cambodian

    2. 8

      News Forum - Phuket looks to entice more low-cost Saudi flights

    3. 4

      News Forum - Bangkok’s New Chinatown comes back to life as Chinese tourists flock back

    4. 16

      News Forum - Crazy Russian bites off British woman’s finger in Ko Pha Ngan bean bag row

  • New Topics

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use