News Forum - Jaguar car explodes into flames on Bangkok expressway

Thaiger

Bangkok police are investigating why a black Jaguar car exploded into flames on the Charlerm Maha Nakhon Expressway last night. The driver and passengers escaped and weren’t physically hurt, but they were traumatised. The driver said they smelled diesel fumes, then saw smoke, and then the car lit on fire. He said he didn’t leave the car in any suspicious places, and others hadn’t driven it. The Expressway Authority of Thailand towed the little that remained of the burnt luxury car to an expressway police station. The driver will meet with police today as they investigate the mysterious fire. The […]

The story Jaguar car explodes into flames on Bangkok expressway as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

10 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

black Jaguar

must've been the Panther model .. 

11 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The driver said they smelled diesel fumes,

Diesel leak over the exhaust is likely if he could smell it .. 

12 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

towed the little that remained of the burnt luxury car to an expressway police station

If it's a fairly modern Yaguar then it's made out of aluminium and will burn like a Roman candle .. 

Why did the Jaguars stop playing cards at the Safari park .?

because all the other's were Cheetah's .. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

well ever heard of fake luxury cars...,??? they are made in bkk...a copycat of the real thing...like a fake rolex down at the soi...maybe it was one of those..

quite a lot of luxury cars end up going up in flames when they are a few years old nowadays.have to wonder about the quality control during manufacture of high end vehicles.

never really seems to happen much to cheaper simpler cars.

6 hours ago, Transam said:

Thought they were made in the UK......? 🤔

They are; however Jaguar now belongs to TATA motors (Indian). But still, they are manufactured in the UK. 

I believe someone tried to bypass the import tax. They import the parts separately and reassemble them. It's called SKD (semi knock down) in the industry. Very common. It works well unless you have your gardener or local handyman assemble it.     

People knock Jaguar, but for me it's the best thing I've ever driven. Had an XF for a while that I took on a roadtrip all through Europe, and the UK. 

Best driving experience ever. Pure and simple, no matter the terrain, the weather, the incline, you name it, the thing never let me down once. I was in love with that car by the time I gave it back.

My only negative was that the central section where the gear knob is was too large, and as it was a right side steering, my left leg which tends to go wide when I'm driving, had nowhere to go. 

A beautiful car to drive, and I'm really not a car person at all.