News Forum - Thailand News Today | Insurance companies hesitant to cover foreign tourists

Thaiger

After facing losses from local Covid claims, many Thai insurance companies are indicating that they are hesitant to provide Covid insurance for foreign tourists entering Thailand under the current regulations. The deputy governor of marketing communications at the Tourism Authority of Thailand said only a few companies are now interested in joining the Test & Go programme, the most popular choice out of the three entry options. He said companies are unsure about possible situations if they offer coverage to foreign tourists, especially with reimbursement. Even though Test & Go resumed on February 1, there haven’t been as many tourists […]

The story Thailand News Today | Insurance companies hesitant to cover foreign tourists as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

25 to 30 countries plus Scheagan countries  require insurance! One of them is Thailand.

Hopefully they wont include mandatory insurance for all falang’s in their future plans , especially the ones who can afford it and have a medical emergency savings account worth millions in bht.

Time to stop the Thai govt revenue rape!

https://www.insuremytrip.com/travel-insurance-faqs/which-countries-require-travel-insurance/

All inclusive insurance is not cheap... 3 months cost me $454.67 This was the coverage time I declared for my current trip into Thailand, as I am heading home for only 3 months then I will travel out again for work. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb
additional
  • Thanks 1

"Whoever orders the music also pays for the music" The Thai government wants foreign tourists' repeated mass tests and quarantine without illness, and therefore this is where the bill should be placed. And it will be, either the government pays directly, or indirectly, by the tourists choosing another destination.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Pan said:

"Whoever orders the music also pays for the music" The Thai government wants foreign tourists' repeated mass tests and quarantine without illness, and therefore this is where the bill should be placed. And it will be, either the government pays directly, or indirectly, by the tourists choosing another destination.

Most "governments" don't give a rip about their citizens. The Thailand leadership is clearly happy to let those that have been devastated by the tourism industry continue to suffer. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, riclag said:

25 to 30 countries plus Scheagan countries  require insurance! One of them is Thailand.

Hopefully they wont include mandatory insurance for all falang’s in their future plans , especially the ones who can afford it and have a medical emergency savings account worth millions in bht.

https://www.insuremytrip.com/travel-insurance-faqs/which-countries-require-travel-insurance/

I agree with it and that will be a good idea but here's the catch: Will it go through Thai Pass?

It mentions treatment.... treatment for what?????? Having had covid back in November, the only treatment I needed was a pack of paracetamol and lemsip 😯😯😯

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robosibbo said:

It mentions treatment.... treatment for what?????? Having had covid back in November, the only treatment I needed was a pack of paracetamol and lemsip 😯😯😯

But the Paracetamol  provided during Thai Covid Incarceration is very special, 1000/tablett..😵

12 hours ago, riclag said:

Do you mean "Schengen" countries? I live in one of them and there is no need to provide evidence of health insurance cover when you travel within the Schengen countries.

Over here, health insurance is mandatory, and should I, being health insured in Switzerland, travel to another EU/EEA country, my Swiss health insurance is recognized. If of course you come from outside the Schengen area this is a different story.

It is already a wonder that insurances would co-operate in this scheme anyhow.  Why this insurance for foreigners.  Why lock these people up in an expensive hotel room when they have rented or own a condo / house. They can quarantine  there just like locak people in their own home.  And when a foreigner has a health and/or travel insurance hospital treatment for severe Covid is covered. It is ridiculous to lock up Covid patients with mild symptoms.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, riclag said:

But with the same policies and rules like the Schengen insurances and not any scam insurances. This would be a step forward and for short term up to 6 month they are even cheaper what you get on the Thai market in the moment. Tje problem is with a mandate you also need the improved insurance policies and companies and a frame to regulate them. This I can't see at the moment, but it would be good it will happn one day there are such companies who offers that ( fair and approved).