News Forum - Travel Guide: What are Thailand’s 3 seasons and when to visit in 2022?

Thaiger

Thailand is one of the most visited countries in Southeast Asia. Its beautiful beaches and lush mountain jungles, in contrast to the colorful concrete jungle of Bangkok, are all popular destinations, not to mention the many delectable dishes and street foods that are famous worldwide. To the distant eye, Thailand might seem like a country with constant topical heat throughout the year. While that might be true for most locations, in reality the weather is much more nuanced and changes during three distinct seasons. So when is the best time to visit the Land of Smiles? Keep reading to find […]

The story Travel Guide: What are Thailand’s 3 seasons and when to visit in 2022? as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

So when is the best time to visit the Land of Smiles?

When they abolish PCR tests and Quarantine. Also add removal of mask wearing as well. Then it would be the best time to visit Thailand ……. 😊😊😊😊

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

When they abolish PCR tests and Quarantine. Also add removal of mask wearing as well. Then it would be the best time to visit Thailand ……. 😊😊😊😊

Truer words have never been spoken 😁 and if they do that during the months on November through January, bonus 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Beat me too it 😁  I would add to that ............ and wait a little bit for things to recover and for the businesses that were previously closed to re-open. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Technically, you are not legally required to wear a mask outside. And I often don't anymore. When the wind is blowing, what's the point? When I'm walking by myself on the street, what's the point? We need to mentally prepare for the day when we no longer have to wear masks. And celebrate that day when it comes.

1 hour ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Any season is good. Just avoid Songkran and the Chinese new year.

Why avoid Songkran. I'd say that's a big draw for many tourists.

20 hours ago, Cabra said:

Truer words have never been spoken 😁 and if they do that during the months on November through January, bonus 😉

I think that's their goal. For Thailand to be fully rep-opened for tourism in time for the next high season. Skip the travel bubbles and go straight to the endemic, living-with-covid approach.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Beat me too it 😁  I would add to that ............ and wait a little bit for things to recover and for the businesses that were previously closed to re-open. 

All the closed businesses create opportunities for new businesses to enter the market. Who's to say they won't be better and more well-suite for today's market than the businesses that failed? While it's sad a lot of family-run mum-and-pop establishments have shut down during the pandemic, younger Thai who have the entrepreneurial spirit can take advantage of less competition. It could also provide more value for tourists. That's the positive way to think about it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TravellingThaiGerrr said:

For 1st time tourists it's amazing

And even a couple after that

But if you are going to Thailand for a long time

A lot of people get over it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MelBurn said:

Based on previous comments - not this year

Maybe after May/June, depending on how things go worldwide over the next 3 months.   If there is yet another mutation wave then next year is probably right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

For 1st time tourists it's amazing

And even a couple after that

But if you are going to Thailand for a long time

A lot of people get over it

Ditto - we were over it completely in year one - when we saw Thais filling their buckets and sprayers with water from the moat in Chiang Mai

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TravellingThaiGerrr said:

Having a water fight with lots of other people may be great fun for one afternoon in a park .

But the fun wears off after having four days of people constantly throwing water over you from morning to night .

Like going out for a coffee or breakfast in the morning and someone throwing a cold bucket of water over you isn't much fun , or going out in the evening for a meal and someone drenches you in water , and you're sat their eating dripping wet , or jumping out at passing motorcyclists and throwing things at them , which causes them to swerve and causing accidents .

It would be much better if it was confined to certain areas where people could play water fights if they want to .

Many people stay in their room for four days during Songkran

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TravellingThaiGerrr said:

Technically, you are not legally required to wear a mask outside. And I often don't anymore. When the wind is blowing, what's the point? When I'm walking by myself on the street, what's the point?

So Technically you don’t go inside, to a bank, a mall, a government department (like immigration) etc etc etc. Yes you often don’t, but you still do …… it would be nice when it is removed from wearing completely, at all times and venues. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fluke said:

Having a water fight with lots of other people may be great fun for one afternoon in a park .

But the fun wears off after having four days of people constantly throwing water over you from morning to night .

Like going out for a coffee or breakfast in the morning and someone throwing a cold bucket of water over you isn't much fun , or going out in the evening for a meal and someone drenches you in water , and you're sat their eating dripping wet , or jumping out at passing motorcyclists and throwing things at them , which causes them to swerve and causing accidents .

It would be much better if it was confined to certain areas where people could play water fights if they want to .

Many people stay in their room for four days during Songkran

Another issue is it takes place at different times of the month all over

So if you are on holiday and traveling around

You may hit in 2 or 3 cities 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Ditto - we were over it completely in year one - when we saw Thais filling their buckets and sprayers with water from the moat in Chiang Mai

I loved it my 1st time

And I took my stepson to the huge one in BKK when he was about 11yrs old

That was a blast 

And I'd like for my nephew's, who are in their 20's to experience it

But if just us, yes, we are over it 

This year my wife actually requested she go to Thailand for Songkran and I come after

Just so she can enjoy it in the village and not worry if I'm having a  good time

And that was more than fine by me.....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AussieBob said:

That's disgusting. Bangkok has lots of filthy irrigation ditches. I've seen trucks dumping mudlike sewage into them. Everything dies, except the water lizards, somehow...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

So Technically you don’t go inside, to a bank, a mall, a government department (like immigration) etc etc etc. Yes you often don’t, but you still do …… it would be nice when it is removed from wearing completely, at all times and venues. 

Yes, yes, of course. I do go inside, like everyone else. The point is I often find myself wearing a mask in places where it's not required, simply out of habit. I feel I've been trained to wear a mask at all times, which seems to be the prevailing social expectation based on fear. But if you've been sick before and have antibodies, then you're not at risk of getting sick or getting others sick. So it seems to be those people who haven't gotten sick yet that are the most fearful. I understand their anxiety. But then again, there are a bazillion other diseases out there. So much focus on covid hasn't made every other disease magically disappear. Before the pandemic, most people were comfortable walking around without masks on. We need to go back to that soon to maintain a mentally healthy society and end the pandemic fear. Yes, people will still get sick. But we simply cannot continue to live in fear like this behind our masks. Be safe and protect yourself however you want and are comfortable doing so. Get vaccinated, if you're conformable with the risks. And just in case, wear a mask to protect your own body, if you think that will help. But don't force others to do the same simply because you're afraid.

Edited by TravellingThaiGerrr

13 minutes ago, TravellingThaiGerrr said:

Yes, yes, of course. I do go inside, like everyone else. The point is I often find myself wearing a mask in places where it's not required, simply out of habit. I feel I've been trained to wear a mask at all times, which seems to be the prevailing social expectation based on fear. But if you've been sick before and have antibodies, then you're not at risk of getting sick or getting others sick. So it seems to be those people who haven't gotten sick yet that are the most fearful. I understand their anxiety. But then again, there are a bazillion other diseases out there. So much focus on covid hasn't made every other disease magically disappear. Before the pandemic, most people were comfortable walking around without masks on. We need to go back to that soon to maintain a mentally healthy society and end the pandemic fear. Yes, people will still get sick. But we simply cannot continue to live in fear like this behind our masks. Be safe and protect yourself however you want and are comfortable doing so. Get vaccinated, if you're conformable with the risks. And just in case, wear a mask to protect your own body, if you think that will help. But don't force others to do the same simply because you're afraid.

That is the reason why more and more people, including the fully vaccinated and boosted like me, are expressing the desire that we want to start to move forward. Unfortunately, many of the Thai people have been so 'scared' by all the Govt driven media in Thailand, that they fear Covid irrationally and they blame foreigners for it coming into Thailand.  Covid should be feared - millions have died - far far more than seasonal flu - but the time is coming to start moving forward and the more rational people are agreeing with that (we are not agreeing with the anti-vaxxer nutters).  Protect the weak, the sick and the elderly, but as long as 80% of the adults are vaccinated, then lets move forward this year is my opinion.  Each country will take longer to get to 80% and they all have to deal with their people's views. However, for about a year after opening up, IMO all publicly close-shared places (clubs, planes, stadiums, etc.) should be vaccinated people only.