News Forum - China proposes to donate two used submarines to Thai Navy after problems in purchase deal

Thaiger

Lol, obviously every "gift" in life, no matter from the CPC or from your friend comes with strings attached. 

And that includes "gifts" from the US, too. 

Remember in the 50s, 60s when the US government gave so much money to Thailand? Was it out of generosity? Obviously not, so that they could establish bases to fight communism in Vietnam.... 

20 hours ago, Poolie said:

The CPC has 110m members. Each of the members has at least two friends who arent members. The member has two parents. See where this is going? You cant separate the party from the people. Its naive.

Why do you think they have a 90+% approval rating?

CCP not having any secret ballots, no opposition candidates ,threatening contrary opinion holders, might explain their “high approvals” 😡☠️
CCP are of course recognized as Evil by Chinese People but there is relative Prosperity so the corruption is tolerated with insufficient  reason to separate.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

CCP not having any secret ballots, no opposition candidates ,threatening contrary opinion holders, might explain their “high approvals” 😡☠️
CCP are of course recognized as Evil by Chinese People but there is relative Prosperity so the corruption is tolerated with insufficient  reason to separate.

Have you asked any Chinese people? 'Course you have!

But having lived among 1.4 bn of them since 2006 I find that most people ignore them (the Government) until either they're needed for something or they appear on the TV. Which is not often.

Xi has sorted out the major corruption in recent years so you can't say it's rife anymore.

• Haha 2
  • Cool 1

17 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Wrong. Most Chinese people couldn't care less about politics, they are too busy with their job and other life problems as to even waste time worrying about politics. 

Some 100 million Chinese are members of the party, and obviously there will be some others who clearly are against it. 

Naturally, provided nowadays the Chinese are much richer than they were 10 years ago, let alone 50 years ago, and they enjoy quite a high level of freedom even by western standards, obviously  they will not be against CCP's policies. 

"Don't shit where you eat". Why would you criticize the system that feeds you? 

Yes, high level of freedom, you heard right. Sure if you're an activist or contrary to the party, you may be in trouble.... But the average bloke on the streets isn't into those things, and there is freedom to do whatever you want. Leave politics aside, day to day life which is what really matters, no difference to the west.

If Thailand plays their cards right maybe they could get the US and China into a bidding war to provide the best armaments deal. US would love to control the Indochina peninsula

Firstly why would the Thai navy even need submarines and why would they ever entertain buying 2nd hand subs that need reconditioning, its unbelievable how this government prioritises spending. What about millions of citizens that genuinely need financial assistance?? Wouldn't they be better off putting the money towards tourist infrastructure or tourist promotion??? Get businesses open and people back working in tourism both directly and indirectly!!! And when economics return to some sort of normality then consider military related spending??? 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ctxa said:

Most Chinese people couldn't care less about politics, they are too busy with their job and other life problems as to even waste time worrying about politics

Honestly, I think this is true for the proletariat of just about every nation (contrary to what the media wants us to believe). Most just want to know what government will do for them now vs what their foreign policies hope to achieve.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Paulw said:

Firstly why would the Thai navy even need submarines and why would they ever entertain buying 2nd hand subs that need reconditioning, its unbelievable how this government prioritises spending. What about millions of citizens that genuinely need financial assistance?? Wouldn't they be better off putting the money towards tourist infrastructure or tourist promotion??? Get businesses open and people back working in tourism both directly and indirectly!!! And when economics return to some sort of normality then consider military related spending??? 

https://thethaiger.com/news/bangkok/china-proposes-to-donate-two-used-submarines-to-thai-navy-after-problems-in-purchase-deal

No spending. No panic. Calm down. 😀

2 hours ago, ctxa said:

Wrong. Most Chinese people couldn't care less about politics, they are too busy with their job and other life problems as to even waste time worrying about politics. 

Some 100 million Chinese are members of the party, and obviously there will be some others who clearly are against it. 

Naturally, provided nowadays the Chinese are much richer than they were 10 years ago, let alone 50 years ago, and they enjoy quite a high level of freedom even by western standards, obviously  they will not be against CCP's policies. 

"Don't shit where you eat". Why would you criticize the system that feeds you? 

Yes, high level of freedom, you heard right. Sure if you're an activist or contrary to the party, you may be in trouble.... But the average bloke on the streets isn't into those things, and there is freedom to do whatever you want. Leave politics aside, day to day life which is what really matters, no difference to the west.

No different ….. except CCP having everything in its gift, life or death powers, NO Freedoms ( mere existence with food & materials is  it Freedom) 😫, No Human Rights, No Legal Protection, No Free Expression, especially the many viciously persecuted non- Han groups like Uiyghar & Tibetans. State Internet, Mass Surveillance, Informers,Social Credit, Forced Sterilization, Internment, Party Official or son of, wants to ( so does) rape your Wife or Daughter with Impunity. Cannot separate Politics from Life. Politics simply decided in advance for the People who are denied, disrespected & treated as blind stupid cattle.Just everyday life then , but APART from all that just like the West 😩😂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

No different ….. except CCP having everything in its gift, life or death powers, NO Freedoms ( mere existence with food & materials is  it Freedom) 😫, No Human Rights, No Legal Protection, No Free Expression, especially the many viciously persecuted non- Han groups like Uiyghar & Tibetans. State Internet, Mass Surveillance, Informers,Social Credit, Forced Sterilization, Internment, Party Official or son of, wants to ( so does) rape your Wife or Daughter with Impunity. Cannot separate Politics from Life. Politics simply decided in advance for the People who are denied, disrespected & treated as blind stupid cattle.Just everyday life then , but APART from all that just like the West 😩😂

Very few of those are true lol. 

Social Credit is false. The only "social credit" there is belongs to Alibaba. As you may know Alibaba is not the government, so that's just a fake news. The fact Alibaba implements a credit score in its bank (Alipay) doesn't mean it's related to the government. 

Forced Sterilization, is bullshit. 

Party Official or son of, wants to ( so does) rape your Wife.... Bullshit again 

Who is gonna know better, you from reading whatever is that you read, or me that lived in China for 5 years and I'm married to a Chinese? 

If what you say is true, how come I survived, and I'm here after 5 years in China with a much thicker wallet now :P. If what you say is true my organs should have been harvested and I should have been put in a concentration camp....

Edited by ctxa

3 hours ago, Poolie said:

Have you asked any Chinese people? 'Course you have!

But having lived among 1.4 bn of them since 2006 I find that most people ignore them (the Government) until either they're needed for something or they appear on the TV. Which is not often.

Xi has sorted out the major corruption in recent years so you can't say it's rife anymore.

Worked in Beijing six years ago. Don’t need to ask if it’s cold in Antarctica.

Govt Ignored & not mentioned by the people as no benefit only grief.
Doesn’t Change Situation of Enslaved Cattle Population.

Xi probably has a personal fortune north of $30-40 billion. Of course CCP corruption is Rife, it’s just under Xi Crony control. CCP and Military actually own & operate large businesses. Similar set up to Putin & Oligarchs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ctxa said:

Very few of those are true lol. 

Social Credit is false. The only "social credit" there is belongs to Alibaba. As you may know Alibaba is not the government, so that's just a fake news. The fact Alibaba implements a credit score in its bank (Alipay) doesn't mean it's related to the government. 

Forced Sterilization, is bullshit. 

Party Official or son of, wants to ( so does) rape your Wife.... Bullshit again 

Who is gonna know better, you from reading whatever is that you read, or me that lived in China for 5 years and I'm married to a Chinese? 

If what you say is true, how come I survived, and I'm here after 5 years in China with a much thicker wallet now :P. If what you say is true my organs should have been harvested and I should have been put in a concentration camp....

CCP Apologist Nonsense Alert 😡Everything I’ve stated is clearly true. Living there , as I also did, means you are insulated and don’t actually see any of it because it doesn’t affect you as a guest worker.Never mind; keep taking the blue pill and believe what you will☠️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldschooler said:

CCP Apologist Nonsense Alert 😡Everything I’ve stated is clearly true. Living there , as I also did, means you are insulated and don’t actually see any of it because it doesn’t affect you as a guest worker.Never mind; keep taking the blue pill and believe what you will☠️

Sure you did lol. 🤣

When was it? Last night, or the night before? In your dreams 😉

And no, I am not just a guest worker. I actually have a company there and employ locals...

Edited by ctxa

2 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

And there we have it. A fully paid up, proud member of the western press repetition squad. Nothing you have stated is true. Not one word. If you like I'll meet you here and take you around and show you. By the way, as for CPC apologist, the CPC doesn't owe anyone an apology over the last twenty years.

3 minutes ago, ctxa said:

Sure you did lol. 🤣

When was it? Last night, or the night before? In your dreams 😉

And no, I am not just a guest worker. I actually have a company there and employ locals...

CCP could whip that company away overnight if it becomes too profitable. 🤨
Although there would then be recourse to your non- existent legal rights.😩

• Like 1

Just now, oldschooler said:

It already is too profitable.....

And so long as we comply with regulations, no they can not. And trust me, I am more careful with complying with Chinese regulations than the Chinese themselves.

1 minute ago, Poolie said:

And there we have it. A fully paid up, proud member of the western press repetition squad. Nothing you have stated is true. Not one word. If you like I'll meet you here and take you around and show you. By the way, as for CPC apologist, the CPC doesn't owe anyone an apology over the last twenty years.

Deluded Denialist Drivel. Facts & Evidenced. Uiyghars wouldn’t agree with you.

• Like 1

Mate, I wished in the fantasy you're living in. It must be fascinating. 😀

Just now, oldschooler said:

Deluded Denialist Drivel. Facts & Evidenced. Uiyghars wouldn’t agree with you.

I can ask them for you. There's a couple  of Uigher restaurants hereabouts.

1 minute ago, Poolie said:

Mate, I wished in the fantasy you're living in. It must be fascinating. 😀

No, your CCP Utopia seems far better for you. Not for Uiyghurs though …☠️

• Like 1

And you'd know that from Nakhon Nowhere would you? Suuuurrreee you would!!!

4 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Why don't you take Mohammad Sidique KhanShehzad TanweerGermaine Lindsay, and Hasib Hussain (the 2005 London bombers) to your house and feed them and take care of them??? 

Because the only Uyghurs being in prison are well known terrorists. If you defend them, you may as well take those terrorists from the UK to your own house, lol. 

Lovely chaps they are, aye?

Edited by ctxa

22 minutes ago, ctxa said:

Why don't you take Mohammad Sidique KhanShehzad TanweerGermaine Lindsay, and Hasib Hussain (the 2005 London bombers) to your house and feed them and take care of them??? 

Because the only Uyghurs being in prison are well known terrorists. If you defend them, you may as well take those terrorists from the UK to your own house, lol. 

Lovely chaps they are, aye?

Over one million detained, tortured, re-educated etc. can’t all be terrorists.

CCP are NOT terrorists then ? Not one critical word about Communism either? 

Right got it . detest religion& backward people  esp. THAT religion.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Communism

Communism? I am the most pro-capitalist person in the world. And so is China.... 

You just proved how much you know about China, lol... 

The UK nowadays is 100 times more communist than China, and let's not even talk about the rest of Europe, cuz that's another level of communism...

And how about the invasion of Iraq by Americans and you brits? How many people who had something, at least a house, were left without anything not even a place to live and many dead because of an invasion the US excused on the actions of a few terrorist and non existent weapons? 

Why you pretend to care about Uyghurs but don't gaf about Iraqis, Syrians, etc...? It doesn't fit your narrative?

What if it was China that had invaded Iraq, you think the West would be silent about it like they are now, instead of constant bashing?

Edited by ctxa