How can my Thai girlfriend get a tourist visa to the US?

It seems impossible for my Thai girlfriend to get a tourist visa to the USA.  Has anyone had success or is there a service that has been successful?

Back in the 90's was nearly impossible I heard, yet things may have changed

From enbassy website. 

https://www.thaiembassy.com/us-visa/us-tourist-visa

If she is coming for less than 90 days siam-legal suggests the K1 VIsa, I know men who did this, but all were intending to marry

https://www.siam-legal.com/US_Visa/us-visa-tourist.php

It's a huge problem. I will never get over the fact that getting your girlfriend into the U.S. is nearly impossible. My Thai girlfriend has now been my wife for 4 years now and I am still trying to get her into the U.S. I got legal advice after we got married. All of the possibilities were discussed, K1 (fiancee Visa), CR1 and IR1. I ultimately chose to wait one more year to apply for the IR1, which is a post 2 year marriage application and grants 10 year green card status, the CR1 is a less than two years marriage application. I have done my due diligence and am still waiting for the USCIS and final step of the National Visa Center to get the final interview for approval. You're going to have to find a good legal advisor. 

Its gonna be very difficult in the forseeable future to get any sort of new US visa for Thai wives or girlfriends. Those that have the ten yr. visitor visa already may be able to renew by mail. This from US embassy website concerning visas:  

Information for Visa Applicants Regarding Novel Coronavirus

The COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect our ability to offer routine visa services. The particular constraints vary based on local conditions and restrictions, but include local and national lockdowns; travel restrictions; quarantine regulations; and measures taken by our embassy and consulate to contain the spread of COVID-19. Combined, these restrictions have reduced appointment capacity.

2 hours ago, TSS said:

Its gonna be very difficult in the forseeable future to get any sort of new US visa for Thai wives or girlfriends. Those that have the ten yr. visitor visa already may be able to renew by mail. This from US embassy website concerning visas:  

The COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect our ability to offer routine visa services. The particular constraints vary based on local conditions and restrictions, but include local and national lockdowns; travel restrictions; quarantine regulations; and measures taken by our embassy and consulate to contain the spread of COVID-19. Combined, these restrictions have reduced appointment capacity.

Yes they say appointments are 400+ days out 

5 hours ago, Farang-Ba said:

It seems impossible for my Thai girlfriend to get a tourist visa to the USA.  Has anyone had success or is there a service that has been successful?

What are your situations?

Work, live?

Jobs?

Years together?

Land ownership?

My wife's 10yr visa was fairly easy but she was living and working in Canada 

2 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

It's a huge problem. I will never get over the fact that getting your girlfriend into the U.S. is nearly impossible. My Thai girlfriend has now been my wife for 4 years now and I am still trying to get her into the U.S. I got legal advice after we got married. All of the possibilities were discussed, K1 (fiancee Visa), CR1 and IR1. I ultimately chose to wait one more year to apply for the IR1, which is a post 2 year marriage application and grants 10 year green card status, the CR1 is a less than two years marriage application. I have done my due diligence and am still waiting for the USCIS and final step of the National Visa Center to get the final interview for approval. You're going to have to find a good legal advisor. 

Do you know your State Senator or any Representative at all?

I contacted my State Senators office in Massachusetts and explained my family's connections to the area and community 

And they wrote a recommendation to the Consular General in Vancouver on his letter head

I don't know how much that helped but it looked pretty impressive 

And she got her visa

3 hours ago, TSS said:

I don't believe this for one second... for a myriad of reasons. They've intentionally created a bureaucratic system and I have yet to be able to find what any ulterior motives could be. I was warned that the process takes a minimum of 18 months and does not matter if you have an attorney help you or not... this has been the norm well before Covid. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

I don't believe this for one second... for a myriad of reasons. They've intentionally created a bureaucratic system and I have yet to be able to find what any ulterior motives could be. 

Well it's clear they are using it to cut down on Visa processing 

I don't even think it is a case they don't want to give out the visas

Just they want to do less work 

I had to renew my US passport at US Consulate in Vancouver in 2020

It took 6 months for the appointment and I was the only one on the Consulate during my appointment 

When they usually see 100's of people pwr day 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Well it's clear they are using it to cut down on Visa processing 

I don't even think it is a case they don't want to give out the visas

Just they want to do less work 

I had to renew my US passport at US Consulate in Vancouver in 2020

It took 6 months for the appointment and I was the only one on the Consulate during my appointment 

When they usually see 100's of people pwr day 

I truly believe there is more to it. If we could have a beer and discuss it in person, I would explain my "conspiracy theory" in more detail. Lol. Just read the first 7 pages of this document... 

https://iceagefarmer.com/docs/AbsoluteZero.pdf

• Like 1

I don't believe this for one second... for a myriad of reasons.

well, you are more informed about it than me. I was just quoting off the US embassy BKK website about visa appointments. The A.C.S. doesn't even get on the phone anymore unless for an emergency. - a recording just refers you to their site. Unless your passport is lost, renewals are all via mail-in.