What Visa do i need

ekevllo

Hi 

Having trouble in working out what visa we should get, we are both from Australia and are planning to travel to Thailand for 4 months, initially i thought the tourist visa TR would do but as we are doing a side trip to LOAS, and to Malaysia for short periods, i understand that this voids that visa. My question is an i better off just getting a VISA on Arrival and getting extensions every 30 days if this is possible.

The STV might be your best option... Many have come in on 30 day exemption stamps, received one additional 30 day extenstion, and then applied for the 60 day covid extension, but you cannot rely upon that. 

https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/special-toursit-visa-category-stv/

Edited by Freeduhdumb
link added
  • Like 1

Thanks for the response, appreciated,  i was trying to avoid the STV path due to having to provide a firm address with a lease and my banking details, 

2 hours ago, ekevllo said:

Hi 

Having trouble in working out what visa we should get, we are both from Australia and are planning to travel to Thailand for 4 months, initially i thought the tourist visa TR would do but as we are doing a side trip to LOAS, and to Malaysia for short periods, i understand that this voids that visa. My question is an i better off just getting a VISA on Arrival and getting extensions every 30 days if this is possible.

I'm curious as to how you are entering Malaysia. As I understand it, only citizens and very select foreigners can get permission to do so. Have you also considered the issues of testing, quarantines, etc required by your "side trips".

we have a couple of friends in Malaysia who we want to visit they said that it is changing all the time, so plan on just monitoring it and if we can then fly down, if not then we wont, same for the trip to Loas we will monitor from Chiang Mai guage if it is feesable 

On 2/4/2022 at 7:14 AM, ekevllo said:

we have a couple of friends in Malaysia who we want to visit they said that it is changing all the time, so plan on just monitoring it and if we can then fly down, if not then we wont, same for the trip to Loas we will monitor from Chiang Mai guage if it is feesable 

Only the STV will permit you to stay 4 months.
A TV will permit a stay of 60 days which can be extended by a further 30 days. There is no guarantee Immigration will still be offering 60 day Covid extensions. There is also no guarantee you would be able to enter either Malaysia or Lao.

This is certainly not a good time to plan a vacation in Thailand unless it's essential. 

• Thanks 1