Question about visa exempt 30 days from Perth or other states in Auatralia, any experiences or info?

Travelo

Hi All,

I'm just wondering if anyone from Perth has recently arrived in Thailand under 30 day visa exempt or know someone who has? I'm interested in hearing from you and whether they had issues with immigration? Reason I'm asking is the WA government has pulled the rug out from under us and applying for a visa in Canberra is extremely slow due to the covid situation over in the East.

The borders are half opening on Feb 5th now, so basically if you are West Australian you can return internationally easily to the East Coast then apply to enter the state from there and quarantine, return to Perth is still limited but possible, crazy situation.... I have a return ticket to Perth but am a little nervous about Thai immigration asking questions, thought maybe I would buy a ticket back to Sydney as a backup if things get awkward. Anyway, interested to know any experiences from Australians who have arrived recently on visa on arrival.

Cheers